1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Mec 9000 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Canton, Il.
    My 9000 is several years old but I've had the same problem for a long time. When I go to knocking out the old primer my machine wants to "bottom out". I can take the shell out and deprime it separately, reinsert it and it's fine, or, I can remove the empty and go on from there and everything is ok. There is no adjustment that I can see for the deprimer pin unless it's somewhere else. Failing a working answer I'll call MEC. Thanks, Dave
  2. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

May 3, 2009
    check to see if the handle is bottoming out on the turret if so the handle is bent and needs be replaced and I suggest a link kit also.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Going on memory
    Older 9000s have a fixed primer pin
    newer I believe have some adjustability
    My 2 MEC9000 are in seperate locations so I cant compare.
  4. shootman

shootman TS Member

Nov 5, 2007
    I have the same problem now and then.What I found is the shell was not dropping all the way into the resizer. It was only shy by 1/8 inch if that. All I do is back off the handle about an inch and the shell drops down then it works fine. My 9000 does this once in a while, not all the time. Hope this helps. BOB
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.