1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Ljutic Thread from the dummy?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Dog Dad, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dog Dad

Big Dog Dad Active Member

First I want to thank everyone for postings on buying a used Ljutic. My next question is I see a lot of different model designations such as Mono, X73, Dynokic, LTX, LTX2000 Mono, Pro-3, and Centennial. I'm sure there's one I probably missed. Could someone explain the differences in these to me. Is there one that is considerd the "ultimate" and one that is considered the "obama" of the Ljutic line? Thanks in advance!!

Mike

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Thanks for questions....maybe I'll also finally figure out their models since their website sucks. Also if someone can post side-by-side pics of the different ribs.

3. Big Dog Dad

JayZap - I'm leaning towards the mid-rib mono, but I just want to know if there is anything else that I should keep in mind. Thanks again!

Mike

4. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

But I am still confused so please enlighten the stupid :)

5. Big Dog Dad

I know there are a lot of Ljutic shooters out there. A little HELP please!

Mike

6. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Here's a new Ljutic, available to buy in time for Christmas.

Avoid any Ljutic Bi-Matic offered. They are a great collector's item but may not suit your trapshooting needs.

7. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

The only hitch with Ljutics is how high they shoot - that is, you never know until you shoot it at the board because every one of them could have been buitl to special order POI. The one I had I liked to shoot shot to point of aim. The one I had that I wanted to shoot but couldn't, shot a whole pattern high. And that was looking right down the rib on both. The old lady shot a SpaceGun, #0000, for a while, but it shot half a pattern high and was just about unusable. I had a later SpaceGun, that like a fool I sold to a pot shooter, that had a factory release and shot about 6" high.
    Anyway, pattern it before you buy. There are plenty around so get one that works for you.

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Stainless Steel Mono Mid-Rib is the ticket. Adjustable comb and butt plate is a major plus. The reason I suggest a Stainless Steel finish is Ljutics blueing is not the most durable around. If you smoke, the nicotine on your hands really degrades the blueing faster than you'd believe.

70/30 Point of impact is really best. (personal preference) If you need higher POI just raise the comb a bit.

Ljutic is latin for "clay grinder". They are really great guns.

Good luck and let us all know what you wind up buying.

9. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

What's an Olympic Rib, is that higher?

10. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Ok, but what's the difference between:

1) Mono Gun<br>
    2) Pro-3: Narrower and lighter receiver than Mono right?<br>
    3) LTX<br>
    4) SLE<br>

Thanks

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

BJ- You said the Dynokic model was lower price? where did you get that from?

I dont think so

regards from Iowa

Gene

12. elinvar

elinvar Member

Ljutic info
    Mono-gun- Ljutic standard model- available in 3 rib heights standard (low) Mid (higher) and Olympic (highest) great guns- built like a tank- Earlier ser# are a bit different- triggers do not interchange etc.
    LTX- lightweight monogun- triggers still interchange- 33" barrels- reciever drilled out to lighten up a bit-
    SLE PRO- Monogun with all the extras at one price- Choke tubes, Adj comb, Butt etc. Still just a upgraded Mono-gun.
    Pro 3- different design- Lightweight reciever like LTX- Top to the Line at Ljutic- fancier wood and better checkering- Triggers DO NOT interchange with mono- Receiver is smaller. Pro-3 rib is a bit higher than Mid rib. Originally came with briley tubes but now Ljutic makes the tubes.
    Centennial- Special production run of 25 stainless and 25 blue- 33" barrels- different rib design- still a Mono frame.
    Dynakick- Thrust hammer design to reduce recoil- spring extends back into stock
    and firing pin moves forward when trigger is pulled- does reduce recoil alot- same design as Space gun.
    Centennial Pro- Updated version of Dynakick- similar recoil reducing design.
    many other versions that are different versions of the basic Mono gun- LTD, Handicap special, Dixie Special, 73 etc.
    I'm sure I missed or left out alot- but this is a basic list.
    Only Ljutic's still in productions are the
    Monogun, Pro-3, SLE PRO, all available with fixed rib or Adj rib models.

Terry Jones

13. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

To answer part of the question.....The "Mono Gun" is the mainstay of the lineup from day one. 3 different rib heights...Standard (lowest), Mid Rib (med height) and Olymic (highest). I have Mono 2764 with a Mid rib. I have been told that the Mid rib is the most popular configuration. The X73 was a no frills Mono to sell at a lower price point. That's all I can contribute....whichever you choose, you can't go wrong.

Jim

14. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

Woah.....Terry beat me and pretty much nailed it!

15. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

Olympic rib is the highest FIXED rib that they make,that is what I shoot.
    GAZ

16. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Are the stock dimensions different for the different rib heights?

17. elinvar

elinvar Member

yes the stocks are made different for the different rib heights- A stock made for a mid rib has to have the comb raised way high to use on an Adj rib.
    T. Jones

18. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Will the high rib shoot 100% high with beads at figure 8?

19. elinvar

elinvar Member

you can get the Olympic rib in any POI you want- the new Adj rib will go from 60/40 up to 90/10 or so- it wont get you any higher- BUT you can special order a new Adj rib that gets you up to 130%.
    To answer your question- A high rib does not always shoot high- just depends on what POI it was made to achieve.
    Terry Jones

20. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

many different stocks - in fact any dimension could be and was ordered-

Not really a production gun- same things as you could get with a Bowen or Seitz at a much lower cost

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

difference between the monogun and dynakick

what is the difference sle pro and mono