1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Horror story written by US soldier & TSA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan, I witnessed the following: When we were on our way back from Afghanistan, we flew out of Baghram Air Field. We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping), had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards. Our first stop was Shannon, Ireland to refuel. After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard. That’s where the stupid started. First, everyone was forced to get off the plane–even though the plane wasn’t refueling again. All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off. We were filed from the plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine. It’s probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns. Of course, the weapons weren’t loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs. The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE cargo hold to have it reinspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through. After two hours of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to reinspect our Cargo–just to inspect us again: Soldiers on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, reinspected and kept in a SECURE holding area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN. This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols. So we’re in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they’re going to confiscate his nail clippers. The conversation went something like this: TSA Guy: You can’t take those on the plane. Soldier: What? I’ve had them since we left country. TSA Guy: You’re not suppose to have them. Soldier: Why? TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon. Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I’m allowed to take it on. TSA Guy: Yeah but you can’t use it to take over the plane. You don’t have bullets. Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers? TSA Guy: [awkward silence] Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I’ll buy you a new set. Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security] This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns–but nothing that could have been used as a weapon.

2. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

The TSA rules are geared toward turning the citizens of America into sheeple. Too bad the mainstream media is in lockstep with our progressive government. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened it that soldier adamantly refused to surrender his clippers. God bless the men and women who serve to defend our country and constitution.

Robert

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

And that's the gummit protecting us, what a friggin joke

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

And they want to unionize these idiots!!!

The person's who came up with fingernail clippers, pliers, kniting needles as weapons SHOULD lose their job!! in the lite of this story!

But wait, Joe Biden our VP had something to do with this, it would be ok if he lost his job also!

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Do you have a rational, intelligent reason for dredging up and posting this kind of stuff??

What's the point you're trying so damned hard to make??

MK

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

OK, this story is all over the internet, but there are no names identified, so I have my doubts as to whether this is true, or just internet babble.

7. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Unknown1 if you need to ask, crawl back under your rock. I get his point loud and clear. Jake

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Unknown1, the point is is that the people who are TSA are small people who now have power and are abusing it badly.

What was just said above was just abouse to the max. They didn't have any reason to do what they did but to jerk our military people around. The people who OKed this crap must be anti military.

I have my own stories about the TSA but thats another thread.

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"...the point is is that the people who are TSA are small people who now have power and are abusing it badly."</I></blockquote>Hell, I thought most of us already knew that.

Whether or not this incident actually happened, the FACT that it could happen isn't news. If people are gonna drag it up again and and again for re-examination I'd expect it would be for some reason other than to reassure us all that bureaucracies still haven't changed.

...and Jakey, if you think it's news, you're the one who's been living under a rock.

MK

10. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

My money says it's a hoax......It's pretty obvious that it was "NOT" penned by a soldier.

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

You take some chicken spit little nobody who has never been, done, or accomplished anything in his/her life. Suddenly they have dramatic power over people who have always been their betters. What do you think Mr./Ms. chicken spit is going to do with that power? There is one sure solution to this madness: stop flying. The airlines have it within their power to force congress to do away with transportation "security" as it is presently being handled. If everyone would stop flying you would see the airlines in their congress critters offices in their face telling them fix it or we will fix you. Like so many other issues in this country the answer lies within the people, and the people are too chicken spit themselves to change anything.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The terrorists have won.

TSA = Terrorist Strategy Achieved

13. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Unknown1 the use of the term "news" was yours. Stay away from the KoolAid cooler. Jake

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

True or not

I actually find it apalling that the soldiers protecting our freedom have to fly commercial to go home anyway. We should be providing these men/women with red carpet transportation treatment to their doorsteps. JMHO

Matt

15. cafowler

cafowler Member

Most find TSA a PIA, but I've never really had anything to complain about, they've always been professional and helped get me thru quickly.

Now Canadian equivilant to TSA is an entirely different story. Pretty sure the entire Canada TSA are Newfie's. I had a robo duck in my carry on. Took 4 blonds, 2 brunette's and 1 man to tell the others it was not an explosive device. One TSA in Regina, SK took my goose call out of the bag, held it up and exclaimed "What is this" with some insinuation it might be a homosexual marital aid, it is black acrylic. I almost went along with her just to screw with her, but my instincts were telling me don't screw around with this mental midget. Went thru the same thing an hour later in Calgary, AB, even though we were connecting, just got off a plane, the women TSA agents thought they had Bin Laden's spawn when they saw the goose call and Robo teal on the scanner. Again, it took about 40 minutes for a male supervisor to show up, by then there was at least a dozen blond hen TSA's in hot persuit of a bona fide international terrist, with a goose call.

Just remember, it can always get worse.

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I thought this site had monitors to eliminate misclassified threads. This one should be an OT thread for sure.

17. porky

porky TS Member

Barry,

You worry too much about little things. All threads end up being displayed at the same place, what's the big deal??

18. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

When I was in the service all weapons went in the checked bags. I don't believe the military would let anyone fly with sidearms let alone M4's.

19. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

postmastirtim- You would rather have the possibility of those automatic weapons fall into the hands of the baggage handlers? (and whoever else might have the access to them?) I don't have any axe to grind (necessarily) with baggage handlers but they HAVE made off with bottles of alcohol that were secured in my luggage.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

20. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I agree with postmastirim, it's hard for me to believe these soldiers were carrying their personal weapons on a commercial flight outside the combat zone. Made a good story but I suspect it's a hoax.

John C. Saubak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.