1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another guntoting, antigun Democrat.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

From the Hustonian, full story linked above.

"State Rep. Borris Miles, who voted earlier this year against a bill broadening Texans' rights to defend themselves with deadly force, shot and wounded a man he said was trying to steal copper from a palatial house he is building in the Third Ward."

and

"The freshman lawmaker was one of a handful of representatives who voted against a bill designed to strengthen the state's self-defense statute during the legislative session earlier this year. In a 133-13 vote, the House approved Senate Bill 378, which clarifies whether Texans must try to retreat from an attacker in their own homes. It permits use of deadly force in self defense against attacks that occur at a person's home, work or vehicle. The law goes into effect Sept. 1."

Funny how antigunners always know what is good for everyone else as long as they don't have to comply.

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

It's hard to find one that's fit to govern.

Buz

3. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Typical elitist bastard like Fiend-stein from San Fran.

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

He shot someone for stealing copper. Wow. If the crook has a good lawyer, Miles is toast. Maybe the laws are different in Texas but I fail to see where the danger or threat was. While I agree that being shot is an occupational hazard in the theft business, lawyers make a fortune suing people for shooting their clients when no bodily harm was present. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Jeff

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you want to know what they will do, get your history lesson from the above URL.

Toby Roth told me they swept it under the rug.

HM

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

He speak with Forked Tongue.

A lowly snake - maybe that is a harsh comparison - snakes do some good by eating insects and rodents. My apologies to the snakes.

Don

7. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

Does it make any difference to you that he is a former LEO? Or that the guy he shot threw a knife at him?

8. eagles11

eagles11 TS Member

GoldEX,

If I read this story correctly the incident happened at night. In
    Texas a person may use deadly force to prevent theft during the nigh time. This has been on the books for a long time and dates back to the time when cattle rustling was so bad.

Additionally deadly force may be used to prevent criminal mischief during the night time. This is defined as any intentional act where monetary damage occurs. An example would be tagging or keying a car.

All that said it is a good idea to think long and hard before using deadly force simply because it is for ever.

Jack Burch

9. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

How do I become a resident of Texas? I like you guys already. If we shot everyone in the Motor City that was up to criminal mischief at night, we'd go broke at $35 a bag for shot.

Jeff

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

You do not shoot someone for stealing an few hundred dollars of crap. What kind of person does that make you?

Heck, I don't think I could shoot a man walking off with my K-80 or stealing my car.

The guy threw a knife - yep - you can pop him if you want. Self defense.

But if he throws a knife, misses and runs away and you pop him in the ass - you go to jail. Once the IMMEDIATE threat is gone you lose your "right" to use deadly force. You have the right to defend yourself/family - not to pass judgment and sentence. Personal Injury attorneys will eat for lunch if the DA doesn't. The legal system is stacked against you.

Don

11. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

dverna -

It makes you a person who still has his crap. Now that I know you won't shoot, where exactly do you store that K-80 and what kind of car do you drive again????? :)

Jeff

12. smartass

smartass TS Member

dverna, it's gratifying to have such a legal expert in the laws of all 50 states available here. You are my inspiration.

13. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Bottom line is he is a "Do as I say, not as I do" liberal! He doesn't (YOU) to be able to defend yourself or property, but when it's HIM it's DIFFERENT!

14. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I wish we had Texas law here in the deep blue commie pinko twinkle toed state of CT.

15. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

It's getting better in Texas as our Gov Zoolander signed off on the expansion of the Castle Doctrine. We no longer have to retreat whan attacked.

The hypocrite Demoncrat has a CHL, but voted against the expansion of the Castle Doctrine.

Don, If we let people just walk off with our "crap" then there would no incentive from them breaking into your house and taking whatever they wanted. I like my stuff and worked hard to get it and plan on keeping it. Try to steal my stuff and you have a 50-50 chance of enjoying it.

16. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

They call those the landed gentry-- Democrats with inherited money and future laws they pass will be ignored by them

regards from Iowa

Gene

17. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I belive the whole point that Texas is making is that they are sick and tierd of this crap and you stand a very real chance of getting shot if you mess around on a Texans property at night. I suspect that you won't find a Texas jury that will give a scum bag who gets shot stealing a monatary award.
    It seems to me that Texas has shown quite clearly with their express lane death sentance system that Texans are all about personal liability of scum bags. If the rest of the country had these laws perhaps we would have fewer scum bags? I know we would have more limping scum bags. My understanding is that you can shoot somebody on your own property after dark regardless of what is happening. They are allowing Texans to use their own good judgement as to who requires a bullet. Since we don't read about needless deaths by Texans shoting the wrong people I suspect that it must be working. Jeff

18. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

I live in TX, and am damn proud they passed this law. i hope other states follow suit. JD

19. rscotty

rscotty TS Member

I think "He needed killin'" is still a legal defense in Texas isn't it?

You should never ask a man where he's from. If he's from Texas, he'll tell you and if he's not, you shouldn't embarrass him.

From the great state of Texas,
    Rich

20. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Seems to me someone in your domicile stealing your goods would be a threat once ha knows you are on to him.

I sure as hell wouldn't wait to see if he was a threat.

But I would get his attention so he was facing me.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

content