1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another gun cart

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shaggist, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaggist

shaggist Member

Here's another home-made gun cart. It is a Baby Jogger jogging stroller, with butt padding added on the footrest, and 2 bicycle flashlight clips on the handlebar. The plastic drink crate will hold 300 rounds of 12 gauge and an accessories box. There are also gear nets on the back and bottom of the seat. A small drink cooler fits nicely in the seat. It makes carrying your guns and gear much easier if you have a long way to walk from the car to the trap field. Jack Young.
    [​IMG]

2. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Good idea, except I never like looking down the barrel of a closed gun while walking. Point the barrel down and you have a great idea.

Tomas

3. shaggist

shaggist Member

Tomas,
    You have a valid point if you shoot a single barrel or O/U break action gun. I shoot Winchester Super X-1s, and my actions are ALWAYS open, except when I chamber a shell on the firing line. By having the muzzles up, I don't experience any finish wear on the muzzles or the rest of the gun, as the cart does bounce on rough terrain. Thanks for the thought.
    Jack

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Way cool. Do you need a shotgun to obtain that drink case?

5. shaggist

shaggist Member

Chango2,
    You just need to be lucky when you take your trash to the dumpster.
    Jack

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Second on the barrel needs to be pointing down. Saw to many supposedly unloaded guns go off when in the military.

7. Reinz

Reinz Member

Like he said, rough terrain, butts down is much more stable. And actions are open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.