1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Good shooter has passed......

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that Doug Besancon from Birmingham Gun Club in Walled Lake MI, has passed away. I was just told about this and wanted everyone that has ever shot there to know. He was a great friend and a great person as well. Don Verna will have the information about the services as soon as he gets them. Don or myself will pass them along at that time. I have no other details as to how he died, but know he had cancer for awhile. God bless you Doug and you will be greatly missed....
    <a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/June%2008/?action=view&current=crssreflect.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

Doug was the president of our club.

He had recently started a battle with cancer and was in the hospital earlier this week for more tests/biopsies. This afternoon, he was getting ready to return home and getting dressed when he succumbed to a heart attack at about 1:00 PM.

His son, Robb, stopped by the club at 5:00 to tell us.

Doug had not shot much in recent years and focused on running our little trap facility. Doug helped the Birmingham club retain its position for throwing the most registered targets in the state (except for Mason - where the Great Lakes Grand and State shoot are held).

Doug is now where the targets are always perfect, the Pat traps never need to be filled, the voice calls always work. and St. Peter hands out only factory shells. He is happily shooting 100's, and laughing at his many friends who not only miss his good natured smile, but target after target in the swirling winds at his beloved club.

I will post details of the arrangements as soon as I learn more.

Don

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Rest in peace, and wishes for peace go out to his friends and family as well.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Doug was a great guy and will be missed. He did a lot for BGC and our sport. His sense of humor and many great stories of trap shoots gone by will missed most. He also ran his own business "Doug's sharpening" and he always kept a nice edge on my saw blades. He took great pride in his work and it showed.

Rest in peace my friend,

Joe

5. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Doug welcomed me warmly into BGC just recently. He had a great sense of humor, and made you feel right at home. Although not a long-time friend, I'll miss him a lot.

Best,
    Dennis

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Hi all, I got a phone call yesterday, Doug was cremated and there was not to be any memorial service. Doug did not want that. Thanks for the post and we will miss him greatly.

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.