1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

another good score question thread

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ric3677, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric3677

ric3677 Active Member

OK,
    At the risk of sounding vain, I shot the team singles in Mt this weekend. Today actually.

The first 100 I ran a 99. Missed # 98. Yeah, I know, too far to miss.But I did.
    Then the second 100 I ran off a bunch with only 1 down and then missed 2 for a 97.

Yesterday, I shot the singles and handicap....in the rain, sleet, Hail and more rain. Shot a 96 in the singles and an 85 in the caps. Now, I have to admit, I have shot many scores in the 80's In caps in nice weather and with a gun that I was "close" to.

This gun I don't even have 500 total targets thru. Practice and registered.

This is getting kinda long.........but, as I come in after the caps yesterday, one of the "nicer members" of the club says, if I shot a score like that I would throw the gun away.

Now I have to tell you. This is April in Montana and the weather is ........well lets just say, not your best this time of the year. I had on lots of clothes and was just ok. The long pause between 3 and 4 made it nice so I could warm up in someones' pkup.

So, what do you tell someone like that. Oh.......by the way....he didn't pull a trigger that day.

Rick in MT.
  2. miketmx

miketmx Active Member

Hey Rick, you must know that I'm afraid to buy a new gun. I can name at least 6 guys that have spent big bucks for new high grade guns and have ended up with something else. I hope things work out for you. See you in Missoula.
  3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Some people will say anything to get under your skin, plant negative thoughts in your abilities to throw you off your game.

I suspect the person was actually paying you a compliment while yanking your chain, just a little.

If it bothered you, pay no heed.
  4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

You should have kept the gun and thrown him into a snow bank! What an A--hole!
  5. miketmx

miketmx Active Member

Rick, you often get assigned to be the referee for a shootoff. If you ever get that member in a shootoff you could compliment him by saying "Boy you have really speeded up your timing since the last time I saw you shoot" or "Don't forget this is your bad station coming up".
  6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"If I do, I'll let you know, so you can duck."
  7. Rick Barker

Takes all kinds.

Just don't let them get into your head.
  8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Ric. Are you kidding me? Everyone shoots an 85 at handicap occasionally. Prove the yea-who wrong. Get some practice this week and bust a 95 next weekend. Even if you do not get to 95, you will be improved. shoot 300 practice hcp this week and watch your score jump up on Saturday.
  9. Rick Barker

MIA

I shot an 82 the first week of the season this year, I hear ya.

I was just addressing people who pile on and try to keep those bad scores in your head.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what is being said here.

If someone shoots a bad score and I know that is not their way of shooting, I tell them they had a bad day, nothing more.
  10. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Member

I would bet that guy goes through a lot of guns! Some people need to put the mind in gear before releasing the brake on their jawbone.

K
  11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Well, on second thought... maybe he is onto something. What gun were you shooting and how much will you sell it for? Huh?
  12. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Damn Rick,

You have a new gun that you have put less than 500 rounds through. You have shot a 99, a 97 and a 96. I would be estatic with those kind of scores. This is only my third year. I started with an XT which I still have. Bought a KS-5 Special, which I did shoot some really good scores with. My best score ever has been a 99. It was with the Kreighoff. I also started flinching with the Kreighoff. Put a releast trigger in my XT and sold the KS-5 Special. In January I bought a Blaser Combo with double release triggers. I have about 2500 rounds through it and am just starting to settle in with it. Last week end shot singles scores of 97 and a 94 with handicaps of 88 and a bad showing of 78. Like you I am not a quick enough thinker to come up with a canny way to tell the jerk to blow it out of his a##. Do not let it bother you and keep shooting well.

Jim Bradbury
  13. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

No need to tell him anything Rick, just the standard gesture of the extended middle finger should relay your thoughts sufficiently?

BTW, I apologize for I didn't make it over there Sunday, I was planning to but looked like I'd be flying thru' some icy clouds up around Havre if I tried to go.

John C. Saubak
  14. ric3677

ric3677 Active Member

John S.

Sunday was pretty nice compared to Sat. But the wind did blow (of course) and the clouds came and went.

I wish you could have made it.

After a good nights sleep, I have decided that it may help me in the future.
    And Mia, you are right about those kind of Scores. It was just a couple of years ago at the MT state shoot that on Sat. I ran an 80 something, and was wondering what the Heck? The next day in the Championship Caps I turned in a 99. High in the State. So, you just never know.

Rick in MT.

See you in Missoula soon Mike.
  15. miketmx

miketmx Active Member

Hey Rick, something must be wrong with the weather forecast. It looks like 3 nice sunny days for the Hoppie Shoot. Can you fix this?
  16. Laserwizard

Laserwizard Member

Let's see, rain, sleet and hail, and an 85 in caps? I don't see the problem. To expect much more than that in those conditions is absurd.

The guy sounds like a jerk to me. You just have to ignore idiots like that.
  17. ric3677

ric3677 Active Member

Mike,

It's been a long time in coming. Shorts may be in order.

On the other hand......they have been wrong in the past. LOL

See you there.

Rick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.