1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another example of Ken Hurst’s work.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Pretty dog and gorgeous gun!

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

True art!!

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Very, very nice work...

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Jim,

Very nice piece of artwork to compliment such a fine animal! I don't see why you wouldn't hunt with it in W Texas. The way I hear it, all you do is step out of the truck by the feeders. Lol.

Eric

5. Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst TS Member

Thanks Mr. Bill and all for the high praise. I try to do each commission to the very best of my ability & try and improve each commission over the last. I would be happy to answer any question ---- please call me at 910-221-5288. I'm always avalible as I'm in the shop seven days a week and 8-10 hours a day. Ken

6. Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst TS Member

Bill, I just read your (LOL) post. However, I'll be happy to talk to anyone about their ideas. You will find that I am considered very ecconomical/reasonably priced --- way less than factory engraving. Ken 910-221-5288

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Well-Known Member

llano bill. what a nice tribute to your dog. Ken you sure did a great job. Jeff

8. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Jim, if you are selling off any of your old ugly guns now that you have this great one, give me a call. The gun is wonderfull, congratulations. I'm planning a project or two for Ken soon. AJ

9. chuckles

chuckles Member

Llano Bill, nice gun, nice work, very nice tribute to your faithful pal...

here is some work Ken did for me earlier this year

regards...Chuck

10. chuckles

chuckles Member

another picture...

11. chuckles

chuckles Member

Hi LLano Bill, Yes mine is basically "In the White" however I applied a little diluted cold blue with gun oil about 10-15% cold blue no more... then a lot of oil rubbing to the surface.

I know Ken is going to be peeved when he reads this but anyway I did it too just relieve the starkness of the "In the White"...

Whenever I take it out I apply a little light oil rub...

I love the Bulino shadowing backgrounds Ken uses like in the Marsh grass and Field grass...

I would like to add that to mine but not sure what it should be, maybe some clouds to accentuate the Eagles (both sides)...

What do you think Ken...???

Bill I love your rising pheasants in the field, what is on the other side of the receiver ?

Chuck

12. Bridger

Bridger Member

Beautiful work on both guns. I have a couple of questions. What is the normal turnaround on a project? Are engraved guns normally left in the white or are they plated? I thought I had read once that Ken often had them hard chromed which surely is a durable finish but not sure if I would like the gray stainless steel color of hard chrome.
    Bill, if that were my gun and my dog I think it would bring a tear to my eye every time I looked at it. Wonderful tribute to your friend.Enjoy.

13. Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst TS Member

Texshooter ---- why not give me a call. Even tho this project may be down the road a bit, it's always a good idea to give it lots of forethought . We could discuss your interest & I might be able to give some input as to balance/design, etc. This will give you a good mental picture of what you think you want & allow you plenty of time to be sure or make changes. Ken 910-221-5288

14. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Ken, I'll give you a call. I've got a custom Model 64 that was made by Dale Storey and a Shilo Sharps that I want to do. I have a Silver Seitz I may need to do something with if you're not tired of doing them. AJ

15. Ken Hurst

Ken Hurst TS Member

Texshooter --- Not to worry about me getting tired. I have been in training for 50 years this summer and am only 69 years old. I'm still working seven days a week, 8-10-12 hours a day ------- keeps me going -- no retirement for me. Looking forward to hearing from you. Ken 910-221-5288

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.