1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Darwin Award Candidate

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by incognito, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incognito

incognito TS Member

Man hurt trying to loosen lug nut with shotgun

By Associated Press

SOUTHWORTH, Wash. -- A man trying to loosen a stubborn lug nut blasted the wheel with a 12-gauge shotgun, injuring himself badly in both legs, sheriff's deputies said.

The 66-year-old man had been repairing a Lincoln Continental for two weeks at his home northwest of Southworth, about 10 miles southwest of Seattle, and had gotten all but one of the lug nuts off the right rear wheel by Saturday afternoon, Kitsap County Deputy Scott Wilson said.

"He's bound and determined to get that lug nut off," Wilson said.

From about arm's length, the man fired the shotgun at the wheel and was "peppered" in both legs with buckshot and debris, with some injuries as high as his chin, according to a sheriff's office report.

"Nobody else was there and he wasn't intoxicated," Wilson said.

The man was taken to Tacoma General Hospital with injuries Wilson described as severe but not life-threatening.

2. M-16

M-16 TS Member

Who's the commedian " Here's your sign"

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

...........In a later report, Tacoma police mentioned that his Trapshooters.com sign-on was "sammie".:)

4. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

In another follow up article it was stated that he was using 7/8 oz, 8's @ 1150 fps through a Full CT and 34" barrel. Additionally, it was revealed that the gun was not ported and that a release trigger was not involved.

The only question remaining was "Whether or not using a Kgun, Lgun, Pgun or Seitz would have resulted in him ink-balling the lugnut?"

5. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Unreal but believable!

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

By the way.....Charles Darwin was one of the most brilliant humans to ever live!Some dumb redneck started this crap about Darwin Awards ! They REALLY ought to start a Billy Graham award.....that would be more appropriate!

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, he did NOT, by his action, remove himself from the gene pool.

8. 100straight

100straight Member

The award was originally named "Darwin" based on his idea of "survival of the fittest." Timb99 is right. This doesn't qualify since he didn't manage to kill himself. Personally, I think evolution is about as credible as global warming, and I would rate Darwin's intelligence level about equal to Al Gore's.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Shoulda used steel shot.

HM

10. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Halfmile, the lead shot would've worked, had he used a proper load. Bluzman98, and everyone else knows that it takes at least a 1 1/8 oz load to loosen lug nuts.

Best,
    Dennis

PS - Obviously, that clown in Washington used too much chlorine in the gene pool.

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Sorry, but ANYONE who doesn't believe in Evolution has ZERO intelligence in my book! These are the people who refuse to believe scientific evidence when its right there in their dumbass faces! Oh yeah.....the dinos were on the arch to....what crap!

12. 100straight

100straight Member

Hipshot3,

I have to admit, when people react like animals, it makes me think maybe they did come from monkeys.

Shoot well and often,

Mark.

13. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Mark......You're on the right track! I sometimes swing by my bloody tail to!......Bananas....Banasas....where are the damn Bananas!

14. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Was it a factory shell or a re-load?

15. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

I guess it would qualify as an honorable mention. Last night on our local news there was a report about a duplex that blew up and burnt. It was determined that a guy was in one of the garages working on his motorcycle. He was trying to siphon the gas out of the tank and was not happy with the results so he plugged in the shop vac and...well he told the police that he remembers seeing a spark. The neighbors said there were three explosions, each progressively louder. The paramedics believe that the last one must have been powerful enough to blow him out of the garage as he was found out in front. Probably the only thing that kept him from burning with the rest of the house! Thankfully his family wasn't home and apparently, the other half was vacant.

16. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Hipshot, "the dinos were on the arch to." Maybe you were trying to state that they were on the ark as well, perhaps you are another candidate for the Darwin award. FarmerD

17. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Farmer.......Have no fear! I was just trying to say how dumb is to believe they WERE on the Ark................This is one that's got the religious types by the balls ain't it?

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

If we evolved from monkeys.....why are there STILL monkeys???

19. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Bigdogtx..........Well,er... its like this! Er.....that is to say...er! What I mean to say is that....er! Da ain't nobody here but us Monkeys! Yeah....that's it! How's that?

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

hipshit the great. Either believe what I say or you are a dumb ass. Great way to bring others over to your side. But you have demonstrated this on other occasions with other topics.

You are probably your greatest supporter.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.