1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

another computer problem looking for help?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stickbird, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stickbird

stickbird TS Member

I am not sure what's gone wrong but when I go to (you tube) to watch some videos I posted and others I get this message >you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player>
    I followed the directions and went to tools and enabled Javascript and have the updated Macromedia's Flash Player.
    for some reason I can watch a you tube I have linked to my web site and other you tubes that are linked to a web site but when I am on the you tube site I get the message.
    any suggestions ?
    the only thing I have done is renewed my McAfee protection ???
    Thanks
    Jim white

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Have you updated your javascript yet? That might be what it is.

-Jollytrapshooter

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Hammer ... a large hammer ... beat the crap out of the message on the screen and then go buy a new monitor. It might not cure the problem to begin with but with the new monitor chances are the video's on youtube will look better when you fix the other problems.

4. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote><I>"Have you updated your javascript yet? That might be what it is."</i></blockquote>

...and where would you suggest that one look for a javascript update??

Mike

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

I thought java was coffee? Are you suggesting it could be that he just needs to get a fresh cup of coffee?

www.java.com/

The above link should get you any updates and or the latest java application there is.

6. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote><I>"I thought java was coffee? Are you suggesting it could be that he just needs to get a fresh cup of coffee?

www.java.com/

The above link should get you any updates and or the latest java application there is."</i></blockquote>

JAVA and javascript are not even remotely related. JAVA was created by Sun Microsystems to allow active content to run on a system. It creates stand-alone programs that are run by the OS to create the desired effect on the web page. Yes, it can be updated. Javascript is a coding language developed by Netscape. It is not HTML. It hasn't changed in years and I've never seen an update. In order for javascript to work, the web page it's in has to be viewed by a browser that understands javascript language.

Mike

7. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Here is where I would suggest you look for updates for Java, just like lumper suggested above. Though mine automatically updates itself.

-Jollytrapshooter

8. Mac V

Mac V Guest

<blockquote>"Here is where I would suggest you look for updates for Java, just like lumper suggested above. Though mine automatically updates itself.

-Jollytrapshooter</blockquote>

One more time...this has nothing to do with JAVA. It might have something to do with javascript or with Macromedia Flash but NOT with JAVA!

Mike

9. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Mike, do you in some way enjoy quoting people...cause I can do it too:

<i>One more time...this has nothing to do with JAVA. It might have something to do with javascript or with Macromedia Flash but NOT with JAVA!

Mike"</i>

...see, italics and everything, I know what javascript is, considering I know how to write it. Don't get so worked up about this, I didn't realize that, and you posted your second response 2 minutes before me, and at that time, I was reading other peoples responses and didn't refresh it to see yours. So calm down.

-Jollytrapshooter

10. JPK1957

JPK1957 TS Member

Macromedia Flash is now from Adobe. You can download the latest at www.adobe.com There is also a removal tool available for download that may need to be downloaded. I have seen this issue with Fox News video on a customer's PC. Adobe's version would show installed, but would not function. Use the removal tool if Macromedia Flash Player cannot be removed via add-remove programs. Install the new version from Adobe's website and all should be well. John

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

That hammer idea is looking better and better ...

12. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Jolly...

Quoting what you're replying to is just courtesy to the people who don't want to take time to read long-winded threads.

Sounds like Jolly needs to turn in a little earlier.

Mike

13. stickbird

stickbird TS Member

John I did as you said and it fixed the problem.
    Thanks
    Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.