1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Colorado Shooter Passes Away

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Alex Ragulsky, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ragulsky

Alex Ragulsky TS Member

It is with the sincerest sense of sadness that I report to you the passing of another trapshooting great, my Friend, Mr. Sam Taddonio. Although details are somewhat sketchy I learned this afternoon that Sam passed away from the complications associated liver cancer. I spoke briefly with Sam's nephew and Friend, Carl Gaccetta, who shared with me that the last few times he saw Sam mentally he was still sharp as a tack! Sam was attended to by Hospice as well as family and friends.

Sam was nominated for the CSTA Hall of Fame in January, 2007, and work is continuing to research his many contributions and accomplishments in trapshooting. His warm smile and kind words will forever be missed at the trap clubs that Sam blessed with his presence. Although Sam was small in stature he had a giant heart and will be missed by his family, his extended family of shooting buddies, his friends and of course by me.

It is my understanding that Sam will be laid to rest at 10:00 AM this Friday morning. Unfortunately I don't have any additional details at this time.

Please, tonight before you close your eyes to sleep say a prayer for Sam's soul as well as those of his family. Trapshooting lost a great and the Aurora Gun Club will surely not be the same without Sam.

Respectfully,

Alex Ragulsky
    Colorado State Trapshooting Association
    Metro Zone Vice-President
    Hall of Fame Vice-President

2. Janet

Janet TS Member

Sympathy to family and friends.

Janet Fritch CJ
    Ohio

3. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

Knew Sam for many years and valued his kindness and friendship. Good visits at Phoenix and at the 99 Grand. Will miss him.
    Dick Ogle

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Alex, Martin and I are sorry for you loss (and you, too, Dick). We wish you and his family and the rest of his friends peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.