1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

another choke question please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dylrae, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylrae

Dylrae TS Member

I got just what I needed last questions on chokes and again thank you for your quick response.

Now another question- I purchased two chokes for my Citori, however one is an external choke and the other is flush. If I use one in each barrel will this harm my gun? They are skeet chokes, if this matters. What should I know about mixing chokes like this? They are Briley if it helps. The store only had one of each so that is what I purchased. If they have to match and one has to go back which one would you recommend keeping and matching?

Thanks in advance
    Pat

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Pat, If I understand your question right, you want to use both at the same time, right? Not a problem, what will happen is, exhaust gases from the one barrel will hit the extended choke, darkening it a bit. Just a cleaning problem, nothing more.
    I prefer the extended chokes. They are easier to remove, and generally have a longer taper to the choke.
    Jim

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

Utilizing both an extended choke and a flush choke in an O/U is not cool looking at all- it makes you look like Gomer Pyle. The best thing to do is to saw the extended choke off till it is flush. A reciprocating saw will do a really bang up job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.