1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another by-product of the drug trade

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Anti-Gang Police Officer's Car Booby Trapped With Deadly Device
    Saturday, March 06, 2010

An anti-gang officer in Hemet, Calif., discovered a deadly device attached to his car Friday — in what appears to be the third attempt in the past two months to injure or kill members of an anti-gang unit in southwest Riverside County, MyFoxLA.com reported.

An officer with the Hemet/San Jacinto Gang Task Force called for back-up after discovering a threatening device next to his car, parked outside of a store. Authorities cordoned off the intersection near the vehicle while a bomb unit disabled the instrument.

The explosive device had been affixed to the vehicle prior to the officer's drive to the store, Hemet police Lt. Duane Wisehart told MyFoxLA.com.

"We're not releasing what type of device it was," Wisehart said. "All we can say is it would have killed or injured the officer if it had done what it was supposed to do."

Authorities have not yet named a suspect.

The booby trap comes months after authorities discovered a natural gas line on the roof of the task force's headquarters building had been redirected into the facility — filling it with gas, which could have caused an explosion. In February, an anti-gang officer was opening a gate at the task force's office when he was nearly struck by a bullet that was part of a booby trap triggered when the gate moved, MyFoxLA.com reported.

The task force is now operating from an undisclosed location.

The Riverside County Board of Supervisors approved a $100,000 reward for information leading to the capture of whoever is responsible for the previous two attacks.

2. skeet100

skeet100 Member

All tey need is a little help from Uncle Sam and they would be good boys and girls...

The system has suppressed them....

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

By the time someone in Washington decides to do it, we will be so far behind the curve the battles will be fought on US soil. I say Mexico needs a new direciton and it's time to take it over.

Robert

4. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Just legalize the stuff and then there won't be these problems.

Gne J

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Legalize and make free to people who want it. The result. END of DRUG trade. Of course you'd never want to drive anywhere any more.

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Yes, but where would the imbeciles who think they are going to stop the drug trade ever find work?

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

wireguy:

"where would... they... ever find work"?

Filling new positions that'll be needed in Drug rehab facilities is one likely prospect. We'll also need more social services for crack babies and assorted 'throw away' kids of addicts.

sissy

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Although I HATE the idea of legalization, it may be the ONLY wat out of this mess. The money os so great that the police and judges have been corrupted. The legal system is overwhelmed with drug cases. Make it legal and let those who wish to lose their souls do so.

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

.........and here I thought we already had addicts, crack babies and rehab facilities.

There is a perversity in a small percentage of mankind that is determined to destroy itself. Making drugs ILLEGAL hasn't stopped them from doing so. Why would making it legal be any different, except it de-glorifies drugs as a status symbol of rebellion, and removes the profit, so there is less production, and makes marketing them as a status symbol more difficult.

You aren't going to stop that perverse group of losers from being losers. They will sniff gasoline if that's what it takes.

10. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

wireguy:

".........and here I thought we already had addicts, crack babies and rehab facilities".

You're correct. We have all those problems and more. Given a choice, I prefer less.

Criminalization may not result in less abuse but it's hard to argue that Amesterdam is a compelling case study for the benefits of legalized drugs.

While I agree, "you aren't going to stop that perverse group of losers from being losers". I harbor no illusions that society can simply pretend or redefine society's drug problems away. Babies born to cocaine consuming women are horribly damaged whether that drug consumption is legal or not. Fetal alcohol syndrome is proof positive of that. Ditto for mothers that smoke (cigarettes or pretty much anything else) during their pregnancy.

The other term you're looking for is huffing. That behavior already exists too. Huffing involves entirely legal substances including gasoline, paint, and glue. It kills brain cells at roughly the same rate as a bullet. Is killing one's brain and ultimately oneself with legal substances somehow better?

Maybe if the damage was limited only to the individuals abusing drugs, I'd have a different opinion. However, it isn't and I don't. YMMV.

Respectfully submitted,

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.