1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another boycott against California....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    California has passed new taxes on Internet sales. Amazon has decided to severe ties to 25,000 California website affiliates.

California politicians are steadily isolating California because of greed and excessive regulations.

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

This isn't shocking or specific to CA....other states are looking at taxing 'net sales as well to make up for lost revenue...stop living under a rock and read the news for once.

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I'm amazed this hasn't happened sooner??

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Soon California will be faced with a state full of poor people that cannot or do not pay taxes, and a few very rich with good tax lawyers. I moved from that state as has just about everyone I knew there. Including at least a half dozen business owners (me included). Example of craziness: Didn't San Francisco just try to pass a law that one cannot buy or sell a pet (dog, cat, even gold fish) any longer. They live in a different world.

5. rustygun

rustygun Member

Texas did the same thing and Amazon moved out. I think internet sales will eventually be taxed. I really don't know why internet sellers should get a leg up over local business, that has an investment in the community.

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

On what logical theory of just taxation can you believe that any state is entitled to tax revenue on items sold into a state over the internet? If the state does not provide nexus and thus "protection" to the seller, what is its claim to the revenue? Is it simply because the buyer happens to live in that state? If so, THAT violates the "Commerce Clause" of the US Constitution.

7. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Birddog is 100% right.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    <i>"This isn't shocking or specific to CA....other states are looking at taxing 'net sales as well to make up for lost revenue....stop living under a rock and read the news for once. "</i>

It's pretty well known this problem has already happened in other states.

Do snotty condescending remarks come naturally to you or do you work at it?

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

God has blessed the United States with a crystal ball which lets us see into our future. That crystal ball is California.

California provides us a clear preview of what happens under a tone deaf liberal Government operating under a personal agenda solely for their own benefit, allowing illegal aliens and unruly urban urchins to take over cities like cockroaches in a dirty kitchen, encouraging sloth, subsidizing the breeding of those least equipped to raise productive offspring, misguided social engineering run amok, and mindless out-of-control spending. Despite California's staggeringly gigantic and tech-based economy, this type of wholesale political corruption and poor leadership has them on the brink of financial collapse. Thankfully, we have this preview of where the road we're on will take us.

The only question is whether we have enough brains (and political will) to hit the brakes and turn the steering wheel before we get there. I'm thinkin' no.

-Gary

10. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

And you cant get circumcised in San Francisco either. What to do,what to do..

11. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

I can't wait for that part of Commiefornia to fall into the ocean!! I will have ocean front property. BIG JIM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.