1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Big Weekend @ FENNVILLE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BenelliM2, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

Starting on August the 27th we have the Friday Night Shoot which is a A/B Draw calcutta 50 bird, cutoff for sign up is 7:30 Protections start about 5:00. Last month there was 60 Shooters!!

August 28th there will also be a 50 bird Draw calcutta which will start at about 2:30 I believe. Protections will run before and after I imagine.

August 29th will be the famous Walleye Fry Shoot This shoot will consist of two calcuttas, one being the 75 bird PICK YOUR PARTNER. And the other being a 50 bird Draw. This is known to be a very big shoot and they say the walleye is great!

If your in the area this is a weekend you won't want to miss!

Jordan Dekker,FRGC Member

2. Ziff

Ziff TS Member

ttt

3. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

Walleye shoot and Calcutta Fry-sounds like a good time!! 23-25-27yrds-split on the last 25 targets.

4. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

Great food, great shooters,lots of nice folks, and shooting all weekend! Along with Sunday`s big Calcutta Fennville Rod and Gun Club will be hosting the very popular Friday Night A/B Calcutta on the 27th, and a Saturday Skeet contest and a draw Calcutta on the 28th. Check out our web site for photos of the club and directions.

[​IMG]

5. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

6. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

7. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

This is going to be a fun weekend. Hope to see all you friendly faces I've come to know.

This is a great group of shooters that do the sport proud. Hope everybody comes out, including the timid that might be first timers. Friday night is always welcome to new folks and I think the Sat. draw might be shorter yardages so no reason for intimidation.

It's always a lot of fun and reward to see the old seasoned "dead eye shooters" helping out somebody new they're drawn with and welcoming them to the sport. I have personally experienced and heard so many stories of how wonderful the really good shooters are about getting paired with somebody green and rolling with the punches. That's all that keeps me coming back!

So, thank you for all of the wonderful sportsmanship you display. We know you really like to win (who doesn't) but thanks for welcoming so many new people in. I'm proud of the folks I've met in this sport!

Cindy

8. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

9. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Just in case some of you guys weren't at Allegan or Gun River. I talked with Dale and he is going to be bringing a lot of fish. He asked that everyone bring a dish to pass as he won't have a lot of time to make taters.

Hope to see everyone there.

WC, don't worry we've got some Asian Carp saved special for you!

Regards,
    Matt Ski

10. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

11. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

Steve,
    Practicing the hip shot! Nahhhh who needs practice LOL! Although u have heard about the 3/5 I got!

Jordan Dekker

12. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Sorry for lack of posts - I had the pleasure of having my Mom with me the past week - and I do really mean pleasure. She joined us at the club Sat to "hang out" and said if she was 20 yrs younger she'd be hooked - she's 84 in a couple of weeks. We really wanted a pic of her holding a shot gun for fun but the arthritis and weight didn't cooperate.

Hope to see all of you that have come to be friends this weekend. Sorry, I'm already signed up for the Sun Calcutta pick but "we're" doing it for fun just to enjoy the day. Don't think we'll be taking any of the $!

Hope to have a great turnout.

Cindy

13. moore5833

moore5833 TS Member

14. Lostbyone

Lostbyone TS Member

15. BornToScore

BornToScore TS Member

Hey All,

Never thought I would be so absent from the forum since work has finished up. I guess the "downtime" at work was generally used on trapshooters.com! HAHA

Thanks to all who have posted information about the weekend! Im thrilled to hopefully see many of the Fennville GRAND shooters back and get to know them better. Always looking to get new faces to the club and sending you guys away with empty shells!

Hoping to see a good turnout for the Skeet tournament on Sunday as it was a great success on the GRAND weekend.

See all you guys tomorrow and be sure to bring your cameras for pictures for the Post weekend thread! :) Pictures really allow for some good stories....well see if that double gun board gets filled up again...

Eric

F.R.G.C Trapper!

16. BenelliM2

BenelliM2 TS Member

17. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

Correction - the SKEET Tournament is SATURDAY from noon to 4 - NOT Sunday.

Weather's supposed to be nice!

Cindy

18. Feist Hunter

Feist Hunter TS Member

19. cindyfenn

cindyfenn Member

The teams are lining up for the 75 bird pick your partner calcutta on Sunday, 8/29. It should be a fun time and everybody's anxious for Dale's walleye fry.

Come on out - there's already been a lot of shooting the past 2 days and sounds like lots more to come...plus the fish fry!!

Cindy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.