1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

another adjustable comb question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by REDD04, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDD04

REDD04 TS Member

I am considering an adjustable comb to my Browning XT and am wondering about the balance/dynamics of the gun changing due to the additional weight of the comb hardware. I have a couple of questions:

1. How much weight did the adjustable comb add to your gun? (Browning lists +5 oz for their adjustable comb on an XT)

2. Was this a noticeable change in the handling of the gun? If the change was noticeable, give your description of the change.

Due to weight loss, my face has gotten slimmer and my "perfect fitting, target crushing trapgun" (tongue in cheek)does not fit. I am a right handed shooter and my right eye is too far to the right when I get the gun firmly mounted. When I get the front and the middle bead properly aligned, it seems like the gun is hardly touching my cheek.

Thanks,
    REDD04

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

RED.... Just do it and forget about the weight. It won't be enough to even notice and is something you will easily adjust to in no time....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

ditto.

4. NU2Shooting1027

NU2Shooting1027 TS Member

REDD, just do it. The weight won't be that big of a change plus it will make the gun fit YOU! Also, get a stockfitter to work with you to get it set and then don't touch it.

Allan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.