1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another 9000g concern

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

After being unable to get the charge bar lock to function properly I gave up and bent the trip rod bracket. Problem solved. The next thing I ran into was after having to move the Big bracket on the right side forward to be able to get enough stroke to index the turret far enough is that the notch in the lower cam bracket interfered with the spring on the wad guide rod. After putting a slight bend in the lower cam bracket all is ok there. So far, so good. After having successfully loaded a dozen or so shells one at a time, I decided to try for the full auto operation. Placed a hull in the resize/deprime station. Deprimed, resized and neatly placed a new primer in the right spot. Put another hull in the deprime/resize station and everything is looking great including having dispensed powder in the first hull. Add another empty hull to deprime/resize station and place a wad for the first hull to receive shot. Pull the handle down until it is about parallel to the bench and it STOPS. Any suggestions? I did notice that the collet closer nut is just going into motion when the problem occurs. How are the first and third stations related?

A little history on the machine. It was given to me by a friend who had retired the loader several years ago because it was too much trouble to keep running. He replaced it with a grabber. I disassembled, cleaned and properly lubricated per the manual. I would call MEC except it is Sunday.
    Thanks,
    Wayne

2. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Make sure the wad guide is centered or it will hangup on the hull. Make sure wad guide is at the right height or will not function right.

Make sure the hull is dropping to the bottom of the resize station and not being held up for some reason.

Make sure primer didn't flip over.

That is all I can think of at the moment.

Regards

W&W

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Call Mec in the morning and don't bend anything else. When you find yourself in a hole...Stop digging! :) They will be happy to help you get it straightened out.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

In addition to what W&W said, if the wad guide is out of alignment, it can cause the bottom yoke that allows the drop tube to also hang up. It too has to be aligned to work properly. That's why you don't have a problem till you get to the wad insert station. Hap

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The wad guide has to drop into the shell far enough to allow the shell platform to lower the shell into the grooves in the collet.

If this does not happen the loader will stall out when the collet tries to resize the rim.

I find that most of the time the wad barely fits as I insert it, and sometimes depending on the load it has to be tipped into place.

Bring the damn thing to my house, I'll fix it for you.

Bring a bottle of Gibson's Sterling, too.

HM

6. crk

crk Member

Agree - I would call or better yet - send it back to MEC and get the thing set back to correct all the way around. Good machines when they are in proper adjustment.

7. leftex

leftex Active Member

I rushed home after work today so I could call mec and be in front of the machine when I would be talking the the tech. Mec has bankers hours, 8 to 4.
    I decided to read back through the posts from yesterday to see if I could figure the problem out on my own. It took about ten seconds to adjust the wad guide height and now everything seems to work fine. This thing sure is a lot more complicated than my 366's.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.