1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another 25 straight!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Colonel Reb, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

I did it again at the range today with a different gun. First time was last week with my 870 trap. I did it today with an 1100 trap and then broke 23 on the next round for a 48 out of 50. Maybe I will play options next time, ha ha! I now know where the stock of the gun needs to be, and now that I am starting to break them all, I can say that that has been where the problem has been. The proper mount is central to everything. I dare say that if you have the right mount, you possibly could break them all even if your stance and hold points were wrong; it would just be more difficult.

2. starship

starship TS Member

I agree with the mount assessment. DW got me a gift certificate to have my gun fit. Went to use it and the guy said "mount the gun" I did, he said do it again, I did, he said one more time and of course I did.

He then said "dang, that gun fits you good. But you sure mount it badly. Worked on my mount, did't do anything to the gun. Averages up.....

3. Hullchucker

Hullchucker TS Member

Went to a small shoot last month and an elderly gentleman had a rod 6" long screwed into the butt plate which allowed him to mount the gun the same place on his shoulder every time. I commented that if that was me I would have poked my eye out. He shot very well. Hullchucker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.