1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Another $150 Billion For AIG

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KenC, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenC

KenC Member

Now what????? Let me guess; they blew the first part of their 'bailout' already?

They got an 'Executive Retreat' (in Cabo?), the 'Fox Hunt' in England. And this happened AFTER the SHTF. Those are some very arrogant SOBs.

How 'bout we demand a firing of all the jerks that put that company in that situation? How 'bout we take back their bonuses. How 'bout we demand they work for salaries equivalent to us mere mortals until they repay this bailout.

This just makes me sick.

2. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

Nothing is going to change until we get the Democrats and Republicans out.
    Still greedy, non-productive, non-accountable and corrupt . And we are bailing
    out the greedy, what a travesty.

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Great idea throw good money after bad What?

4. chemist

chemist Member

GM next inline at the gov't coffer windows

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

That's the problem with bailouts, once you start where do you stop? If you bail out AIG then how do you say no to GM? What about Circuit City? They just filed for bankruptcy, aren't those jobs important.

I don't know but it is a mess. When they first handed money over to AIG they were telling us what a strong company it was, just going through a rough spot. We also heard how large they were and they were too big to fail. If they are that damn important then why aren't other countries shelling out some money to em? Why only the US? I heard over 50% of their business is done overseas. Let somebody else bail em out.

The US dollar is going to be utterly worthless in a few years. They are just printing money as fast as they can and handing it out to anybody and everbody.

Find a place to escape to.

6. Post  2

Post 2 TS Member

I purchased AIG auto insurance some years ago following retirement. The AIG insurance was less expensive than what I had at the time. It was cheap but when I filed a claim I found out that they are not fun to do business with and do not pay full price of a claim. Even though I wasn't at fault and the insurance company of the other party was willing to pay in full, AIG would only pay what they considered reasonable and customary. (Living in Oregon you must go through your own carrier.) I am aware that the insurance division is seperate from the division that handled the mortgages, but the mentality is still based on greed. Post-2

7. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Sickens me. I'm gonna go buy a bunch of suff now and declare bankrupcy. I'm gonna ship all that stuff (Prevot, fancy stereo, etc.) to Cabo and retire. Makes sense to me; let the govt. (other citizens) pay for it. Heck, I've earned it, I paid sales taxes all my life. Why not??

8. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Last night's news (ABC) had a piece on another big party, at our expense, by AIG. The big parties and big "golden parachutes(SP), are now expected and accepted. An executive who only gets a few million seems to feel cheated. Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.