1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

another 1100 trigger question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Olrusty, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olrusty

Olrusty TS Member

Have a release trigger that seems to work ok when out of the gun. In the gun the hammer releases some time between the time I hit the carrier release button and before the bolt gets to the home position. I can't set the trigger then, because the hammer is already released from the sear. If I hold the operating lever while releasing the carrier and close the gun slowly,the hammer stays in the cocked positon and the gun shoots fine. I've already replaced the sear spring and checked both edges (notches) on the sear and hammer. they seem to be good and they interlock fine. There is a setscrew that has been added in the old safety ball/pin postion.could this be an adjustment on the trigger pull distance and would it have any thing to do with the hammer releasing prob? Any help/advice would be appreciated. Olrusty

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Check those mating surfaces again for lubricant, wipe them off with some rubbing alcohol and let dry. See if that fixes the problem. HMB

3. Olrusty

Olrusty TS Member

Thanks HMB I haven't tried that.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I don't play around with triggers. At the first sign of trouble, it's time to get it fixed right by someone who knows what they are doing. It's a safety issue, kind of like brakes on a car or truck.

5. Olrusty

Olrusty TS Member

Your right Quack--You do have to be very careful when working with triggers. Have to try them out to make sure they are working properly before actually using them with anyone else around. Like the brakes you mentioned. I've done many of them on both trucks and cars. Your have to be sure it's done right.----Olrusty Jack M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.