1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anonymous Score Reporting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoking357, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Is it possible to request that the ATA report scores only by number and not name? I see people here look up other people's scores and comment on them. Does anyone else find that to be a little too much information available to the general public?

NRA classifications, by contrast, are searchable only by number.

2. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

might be possible if the ATA issued all new numbers for every member. Since T&f prints the average book with both name and number you'd have to change all the numbers to maintain the anonymity you are suggesting.

Alot of extra expense to protect someone's sensitive ego.

3. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

When you go to a shoot, scores and names are posted - they roll by on a TV screen - you cannot fib to your buddies about how you did. As pointed out by Mr. Berry, the average book shows the name - number of targets and average. RJ Stuart posts exactly how you performed at the shoots he cashiers - ATA web site just adds a few more details.

but to your question, no - I do not think it is too much information. It is like baseball stats - it is what happened last Sunday. It also keeps egos and gun club stories in check.

4. slodsm

slodsm Member

It's a name and a score for a game. Not a bank account, social security number, and date of birth. My name was posted by the NHRA many times as well for many years as well as the AMA for District 29 and I'm still here too.

Do you lie at the trap range about your name when you introduce yourself to people? It's the exact same info that is listed by the ATA if the people you introduce yourself to then hang out and watch you shoot a 100 targets.

About the only way you are going to get around it is to stop trap shooting, drag racing, motocross racing, hell, competing all together and just live in a bubble. Other than that, if you compete in an organization people are going to be able to see your name and how you did versus the competition.

And aren't you the guy who gripes about the ATA constantly and how messed up the whole system is but you aren't a member and you've never shot a competition in your life?

Jeremy

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Ya'll 're welcome to look up my scores and comment about them if you like.......sometimes I mumble about them myself.

6. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

smoking357,

In my 4 years or so reading and posting on this site, you are the first person to ever bring this up. It's just not an issue trapshooters seem to care about.

Danny

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

????????????????????????????

8. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Danny guess what you hit the nail square on the head.

"It's just not an issue trapshooters seem to care about."

He wouldn't know that because he isn't a trap shooter!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.