1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Annies question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Grevin, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grevin

Grevin TS Member

Is there a general consensus as to the best POI for an Annies gun? Does any advantage that a 70/30 or 80/20 gun might have on the rising target on your own call produce offsetting conplications on the falling targets found on the third, fourth or fifth shots relative to a flatter gun?

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I shoot a high rib, hold a high gun and shoot very fast. I only shoot games. I find that the farther out the target gets, the less effective the high rib is but I am talking almost on the ground out there.

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There is no advantage on POI, It is what you are used to shooting. I shoot a 18-20"inch hi shooting gun, my hold point changes on how fast the target is dropping and how far away it is.

You get used to where to hold on certain targets to break them, I sometimes shoot right at them to holding 2 to 3 feet under them like 3rd shot or 4th shot on ANNIES.

And how fast your shell is makes a difference, like 1585 fps 1 1/8th oz #6s.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Lou and Gary are both right. A lot of variables come into play at Annie yardages. Size of shot and velocity play a huge role, POI is less of a factor because so much energy is being lost. A size 7-1/2 shot at 1300 fps. muzzle velocity, will drop 6 inches and be down to 690 fps. at 50 yards. The drop is exponential. You have to lead down a lot. Most of us don't practice long falling targets. You need to pick a super handicap load and practice. Good luck, have fun.

Wayne

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

It depends on whether you are shooting a wobble. If you are, a flat shooting gun that shoots where you are looking, and you make the necessary adjustments by Kentucky windage, is what you want. ESPECIALLY if you are shooting over a canyon and the machine can throw them downhill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.