1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

annies @ protection

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by funski, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funski

funski Member

used to shoot ata--just got tired of the long waits. a bunch of us ( ex ata) got together and started shooting " annies @ protection" now we shoot 3 hrs twice a week, we shoot alot and have a ball we ve had as many as thirty guys,even skeet and sporting guys are joining in, makes for some very interesting conversation.

2. funski

funski Member

used to shoot ata--just got tired of the long waits. a bunch of us ( ex ata) got together and started shooting " annies @ protection" now we shoot 3 hrs twice a week, we shoot alot and have a ball we ve had as many as thirty guys,even skeet and sporting guys are joining in, makes for some very interesting conversation.

3. luckyshot

luckyshot TS Member

jeez, i wish that would happen around my neck of the woods! luckyshot

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Funski, where is your club located?

ec90t

5. funski

funski Member

NORTHERN IL.

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Funski,

When I go traveling that way sometime, I'll get a hold of you. Have fun guys.

ec90t

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

For reasons I'm not sure Annies and Protection have been popular for 30 years at several Northern Illinois clubs, particularly Maywood and Northbrook. There has also been a lot of animosity between them and the dedicated registered trapshooters.

8. funski

funski Member

i don t know if i d call it animostity but the once really dedicated trap shooters have gotten tired of ata because of the formentioned reasons. its just another wayof enjoying a shooting sport. thursday night we shot for 3 hrs. at northbrook sportsclub-- had a $100 special event-- and enjoyed pizza after. we ve got some dedicated skeet and sporting guys. don t get me wrong there ata shooters in fact a group goes down to grand every year. we had 27 shooters. the problem as usual is you need a couple of guys to take charge ,make rules and fortunately we have those people in place. we ve had a 3 generation family shooting as well as a few father and son combos come along.you should bring it up a one your meetings you may get more interest than you think.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Maywood and Northbrook had the absolute best Game shooters between them back when I was shooting back there ... The 27 yardline was shoulder to shoulder from end to end on Weds night and then they had to move it back to the 30 yardline to make room for even more shooters ... They had good shooters and a good time was usually had by all ... The clubs now need to do things like that to promote the clubs and bring in shooters when the sun goes down, especially out here in the desert ... Damn, now that you guys brought that up I miss it all over again ... Thanks a bunch ... (lol) ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.