1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANNIE OALKEY'S AT PITA GRAND PACIFIC??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Do any of you shooters from the Evergreen Gun Club know if there will be any fun shoots or Annies in the evenings at the PITA Grand this year? This is always a lot of fun, and the last few years they have done this the attendance seems to grow. As more shooters find out there will be Annies in the evenings, the more they show up. I was just wondering if the club was going to do these shoots, and if so, are they going to advertise them so more shooters are aware they will be held......Thanks...Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

3. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Dan, while not a PITA member, I would come just for the Annies/protections/buddy backups/etc. And I like watching Daro. BTW, I met your Dad about 7-8 years ago...one of my favorite people. We have "horse traded" a few Rem. 31's, 870's, and 1100's. Hope he is well as I have not seen him in a year since the Sacramento Trap club closed.

4. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

I'm sure they will, they always have and if it was a profit last year, than it will sure be a profit to the club this year. I'll ask kurt this weekend...

5. BlackBelt

BlackBelt TS Member

This year's Grand Pacific is stacking up to be the best in recent memory. They will have more vendors and factory reps than they've had in the last 15 years. Read all about it at www.shootpita.com

Yes, I'm fairly positive that the Annie Oakley shoots will be a major draw again this year.

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Where is the Evergreen Gun club?? Fred

7. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

http://www.shootesc.com/ Here's the website for the Evergreen Sportsman Club. The 2007 program book shows "Fun Shoots by Evergreen Sportsman Club" on 7/23, 7/24, 7/25 & 7/26. Nothing scheduled on Friday, Saturday or Sunday evenings.
    OtH

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone....Got an email from Sue Brewer confirming there will be fun shoots held in the evenings on the dates listed in the above post. These shoots are a blast! I have as much fun shooting these as I do anything else at the Grand. Wouldn't miss it for anything. When the Grand was split, we went to Hillsboro to shoot it since we had never had the opportunity to shoot there before. While we were there, we were invited to shoot Annie Oakleys and fun shoots in the evening at a great little club in Banks, Oregon. What a neat place to shoot and a nice club. We had a great time, won a few shoots, and met some wonderful people that made us feel right at home. What a nice memory to have... Black Belt is correct. This years grand should be the best in many years. The attendance of the many factory reps alone is a welcome addition. Some of them are even donating some of their wares to this shoot. Their attendance and support of this shoot just goes to show that PITA trapshooting is alive and well, and growing all the time. Thanks to the Executive Board for their tireless efforts in helping put this together. I hope to see many of you at the shoot. Make plans to attend if you can. I'm sure you won't be dis-appointed.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

jimx200..... Now that you know they are going to have the fun shoots, I'll look forward to meeting you if you can make it......Dan

10. ec90t

ec90t Guest

You fella's/ gals out west sure know how to put on a shoot. I wish that they would do that here. I wish that I didn't live so far away so I could come and join in!

ec90t

11. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

ec90t....You would be more than welcome to shoot on our squad if you did, and I would be happy to buy you a dinner if you came. I would probably have to fight another PITA member for the pleasure as that's pretty much how you'll get treated at most PITA shoots if you are a first timer. The PITA Grand Pacific is about as good as it gets as far as trapshooting goes. It is still small enough that the shooters all pretty much know each other and we all get together at each others trailers, go out to dinner with each other, and generally socialize the whole time together doing something. The evenings are filled with all sorts of activities, fun shoots, meetings, card games, and all the assorted things that go on at a large shoot. One of the nicest things about this shoot is that ALL the members of the Executive Board are there, and are readily available to every PITA member to answer any questions, listen to any complaints, and to just have a good old fashioned sit-down talk. The PITA Executive Board meeting is openly held, and all members are encouraged to attend and participate. All financial information is available to any member on request, at any time. In all aspects, the PITA, as an organization, is totally open to its members, and is run by its members. It is very relaxed, very laid back, and very shooter friendly. EVERYONE is a volunteer, with the exception of Sue Brewer, our Executive secretary. No hidden agendas, no "gray areas". What you see is what you will get here. The Executive Board has worked very hard, along with the Industry Reps, to bring us the very best shoot they can, and I believe it will be a great one. To really see what is in store for the shooters, take a look at the PITA Grand program, available on www.shootpita.com.....Looks like a good time to me.........Dan

12. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Darn, sure wish I could get up there this year. Will definitely try for next year. Have a great time Dan and everyone else that's going...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.