1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Annie loads?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bitter American, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitter American

Bitter American TS Member

What loads are you using for Annie shoots? Does your club play them?

2. larryjk

larryjk Member

Annie Loads? I will use a standard 1 1/8 oz. load with either No. 7 1/2 or 8s.
    Either will break a bird right abo ve the ground from the 27 yd. line but 7 1/2s
    are better on a windy day.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

My pet load is as follows:

Remington Hull (STS, Nitro's, Gunclubs)

Winchester 209 primer

Downrange versalite wad

28.5 grains on Hodgdon's Longshot powder

1 1/8 oz of hard 6's

I use this load only for back-ups as a standard 3dr shell will do just fine for call birds. This load will be in the 1350 FPS area. The pressure is very low and the recoil is more than managable. If you wish to soften the load up a bit then substitute a Federal hull in place of the Remington hull. You will loose about 30 FPS by going to a straight hull vs a tapered hull. There is no sealing problems with the wad and hull combination reguardless of what people say on this site about using a tapered wad in a straight hull.

ec90t

4. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

MX-8B here is your load data:

2oz steel

35.3gr Longshot

Rem 209P

WAA12SL

3.5" Fed. Hull

(12,300 PSI)

5. Bitter American

Bitter American TS Member

Now I know why vests have so many pockets. The guys I shoot with are digging in every pocket for the right load. 27, 40, parking lot and the North 40.

6. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Here are two of my favorites, both with Remington STS hulls. They are listed in the Alliant web site.

3 1/4 - 1 1/4 - 7 --- Rem 209P primer, Rem SP12 wad and 25 grains Alliant Herco.

3 1/2 - 1 1/4 - 5 or 6 --- Rem 209P primer, Rem SP12 wad and 27 grains Alliant Herco.

Size 7 shot may be a little hard to find but Lawrence and others still make it.

Ed Ward

7. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I like 34 gr of LongShot pushing 1 1/4 oz of #7 STS shot in a W114 wad wrapped in a Gold Medal hull ignited by a Federal 209. Sit Down everyone!

8. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

For those with strong shoulders:

Federal hull

Fed 209A primer

39.5 grains Blue Dot

Rem RP12 wad

3/4 oz #6s

1/2 oz #4s on top of the 6s

9. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

RIGHT AND WE ALL DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT

10. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Some of my fellow pondo shooters have complained big time when I have used Longshot powder. They considered it an unfair advantage even though they were shooting a 35" barrel to my 30" and thought that was no advantage. When I shot a ported barrel, they whined like a cheese festival. They have said that it threw flames out of the barrel by close to 8". So I switched to a powder that is quieter and not as loud. They still whine when I beat them. They claimed they were doing the protesting for safety reason. I told them to put a $100 in my hand and then I would show them the published Hodgdon's load that I was using. The only safety concern was on their wallets!!!! IMHO.

11. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Levi',

You're all about it!

Ahab,

If you would change the 6's to 5's in my neck of the woods they call them Kentucky 9's!

ec90t

12. omahasportingsupply

Zar, most rules at a lot of gun clubs are STATED for safety reasons (insurance makes them?) . If certain members break them .....it's OK. I find that rules are bent for certain shooters to increase the chance that THEY will win the money. Many shooters say that they use no special loads (including Kentucky 9s) when they shoot pondos. Yet when they run out of shells, they refuse shells from other shooters. They have to stop the squad and walk all the way back to their vehicle to get THEIR shells. Say it ain't so! If their shells are not special loads ..... then use anybody's shells. JMHO

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

omaha, are they shooting much of this around your area and if so where?

14. omahasportingsupply

Pheasantmaster<br>
    Ashland looked good on Sunday. A lot of water in the ditches but the club looked good.

Bellevue has had weather or tornado problems the last few Wednesday nights.

Steve Nuss has done a lot of work on Harry Koch and it looks good. Koch has a lot of leagues going on so it always looks busy but I have been able to shoot quickly every time I go. Improvements are still happening. Steve is very hands on management and it is working.

Papillion has a little water but most traps are still working. Kids were going to shoot there tonight.

Still a lot of good shooting going on at this end of the state.

Omaha

15. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Pheasantmaster,

If you ever make your way to Indiana one of these days, we have a quite active game shooting circut in these parts. I can shoot games nearly every night of the week.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

annie loads

annie oakley loads
annie oakley trap loads
longshot annie load sp12 wad
longshot annie loads
versalite wads for annie shoots