1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ann Coulter's view on global warming

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Another treat from Miss Coulter for your reading pleasure. Jim

THE COMING ASS AGE

March 21, 2007

No matter how much liberals try to dress up their nutty superstitions about global warming as "science," which only six-fingered lunatics could doubt, scratch a global warming "scientist" and you get a religious fanatic.

These days, new religions are barely up and running before they seize upon the worst aspects of the God-based religions.

First, there's the hypocrisy and corruption. At the 1992 Democratic Convention in New York, Al Gore said: "The central organizing principle of governments everywhere must be the environment." The environment would not, however, be the central organizing principle of Gore's own life. The only place Al Gore conserves energy these days is on the treadmill. I don't want to suggest that Al's getting big, but the last time I saw him on TV I thought, "That reminds me — we have to do something about saving the polar bears."

Never mind his carbon footprint — have you seen the size of Al Gore's regular footprint lately? It's almost as deep as Janet Reno's. But I digress. As has been widely reported, Gore's Tennessee mansion consumes 20 times the energy of the average home in that state. But it's OK, according to the priests of global warming. Gore has purchased "carbon offsets."

It took the Catholic Church hundreds of years to develop corrupt practices such as papal indulgences. The global warming religion has barely been around for 20 years, and yet its devotees are allowed to pollute by the simple expedient of paying for papal indulgences called "carbon offsets."

Americans spend an extra $2.2 billion on gas a year because they're overweight, requiring more fuel in cars to carry the extra pounds. So even with all those papal indulgences, Gore may have a small carbon footprint, but he has a huge carbon butt-print. Further proving that liberalism is a religion, its practitioners respond with the zeal of Torquemada to any dissent from the faith in global warming.

A few years ago, Danish statistician Bjorn Lomborg wrote a book titled "The Skeptical Environmentalist," disputing the hysteria surrounding global warming and other environmentalist scares. Lomborg is a Greenpeace anti-war protester — or, as he is described on liberal Web sites, he is a "young, gay vegetarian Dane with tight T-shirts." His book was cited favorably in The New York Times.
    But for questioning the "science" behind global warming, Lomborg was brought up on charges of "scientific misconduct" by Denmark's Inquisition Court, called the "Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation." I take it Denmark's Ministry of Truth was booked solid that day.

The moment anyone diverges from official church doctrine on global warming, he is threatened with destruction. Heretics would be burnt at the stake if liberals could figure out how to do it in a "carbon neutral" way.

Climatologist Dr. Timothy Ball is featured in the new documentary debunking global warming, titled "The Great Global Warming Swindle." For this heresy, Ball has received hate mail with such messages as, "If you continue to speak out, you won't live to see further global warming." I'm against political writers whining about their hate mail because it makes them sound like Paul Krugman. But that's political writers arguing about ideology. Global warming is supposed to be "science." It's hard to imagine Niels Bohr responding to Albert Einstein's letter questioning quantum mechanics with a statement like: "If you continue to speak out, you won't live to see further quantum mechanics." Come to think of it, one can't imagine the pope writing a letter to Jerry Falwell saying, "If you continue to speak out, you won't live to see further infallibility."

If this is how global warming devotees defend their scientific theory, it may be a few tweaks short of a scientific theory. Scientific facts are not subject to liberal bullying — which, by the way, is precisely why liberals hate science.

A few years ago, The New York Times ran an article about the continuing furious debates among physicists about quantum mechanics, which differs from global warming in the sense that it is supported by physical evidence and it doesn't make you feel good inside to "do something" about quantum mechanics. It is, in short, science. Though he helped develop the theory of quantum mechanics, Einstein immediately set to work attacking it. MIT cosmologist Max Tegmark called the constant testing and arguing about quantum mechanics "a 75-year war."

That's how a real scientific theory operates. That's even how a real religion operates. Only a false religion needs hate mail, threats, courts of inquisition and Hollywood movies to sustain it.

COPYRIGHT 2007 ANN COULTER

DISTRIBUTED BY UNIVERSAL PRESS SYNDICATE

4520 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64111

2. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

deckart/antigojohn/sammie;

I was just thinking the same thing about your MSNBC post.

3. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Acid rain...ozone hole...global warming...each new generation of "scientists" has to find its own toe-hold on the government research dollars.

The topic isn't important...maintaining the establishment in a state of comfort, is.

It's time to take all/most of the scientists out, stand them up against the wall next to the lawyers, and shoot them. Science used to be about finding cures for man's ailments and such; now it's become just another sub-category of political literature.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Right on, Ann!

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Pukes ain't gonna like this!!

HM

6. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

"But he has a huge carbon butt-print"

LMAO...

cls

7. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

just like everything you put on these threads spammie! i swear you must enjoy getting tooled on.

brett d.

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

wow sammie, what whit your showing in your posts these days. i must admit, i'm truly impressed.

brett d.

9. Brian in Oregon

I thought I smelled spammies foul stench in here.

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

what she said!

11. J.P.

J.P. TS Member

It`s warmer here this morning; I`m convinced that it is due to Global Goreming,er Warming!!!!! I`m glad they`re still fighting over quantum mechanics, I hated those damn P-shells!!!! They ruined my GPA at Pitt!!!!! The theory of Evolution; It`s a fact!!!!! Good post Buzzgun. If Ann didn`t have an Adam`s Apple I`d propose to her! Those damn Danes should go back to drawing cartoons about Mohammudd, or making Butter Cookies in tins.

12. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Those damn Danes should go back to drawing cartoons about Mohammudd, or making Butter Cookies in tins.
    That's funny right there. I don't care what you believe. Jeff

13. Paladin

jcl;

sammy is a different individual than deckart/antigojohn/sammie. sammy posted as an ultra-lib, and could at least think and reason. Contrast that with one guy who has posted as deckart, antigojohn, and sammie, who has repeatedly denied and lied about it, and was even caught talking to himself within a post. And as you can see above, he's just not very smart!

14. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Right on sammie! Al Gore's unrelenting bullcrap has gotten way too much ink. With that fat ass of his...it's no wonder he feels like global warming is a problem. Carbon footprint? How about putting a smoke stack scrubber on his mouth to reduce foul emissions?

15. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

CalvinMD

Now do you want the whole thing in context? Or just the way liberal asshol@s report everything?

If you want to quote quotes, get all the quote not a carefully chosen dozen words from part of it.

Rock

Jim

16. Brian in Oregon

(sniff sniff) Yep, more of spammies foul stench.

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

not necessary ...I agree with it entirely as written

18. quicky

quicky Member

ANN COULTER FOR PRESIDENT! Quicky

19. Paladin

deckart/antigojohn/sammie;

You are the slowest learner I have ever witnessed.

If you can't stand the president and the conservative honor of the Second Amendment, quit talking about them!!!!!! You are such a loser!!

20. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

"Paladarling, What do you care if I am deckart, john or mike moore???? What's it to you??? You big whining baby. All I hear about is he lies he lies so what? So do you. You big baby. Ever since I told everyone on line that I would NOT go shooting with you, you have done nothing but cry. If you know who I am so what??? Doesn't everyone know by now? Does anyone CARE???? You and your little sister blisturd are such whiners. I am deckart, I am Al Gore, I am Liberace...what difference does it make???? if you can't stand me quit talking about me!!!!!!!! You are such a baby."

hey spam,

nah nah nah, nah nah. i know you are but what am i?

read what you wrote. who's the baby? what a loser.

brett d.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.