1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ann Coulter on the Supreme Court.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JBrooks, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Here is Annie's take on the Supreme Courts decision to treat enemy terrorists like the kid that shoplifted beer from a 711. The rest at the ink.

"Until last week, the law had been that there were some places in the world where American courts had no jurisdiction. For example, U.S. courts had no jurisdiction over non-citizens who have never set foot in the United States.

But now, even aliens get special constitutional privileges merely for being caught on a battlefield trying to kill Americans."

"And the judiciary simply has no power over enemy combatants in wartime. Such power is committed to the executive as part of the commander in chief's power, and thus implicitly denied to the judiciary, just as is the power to declare war is unilaterally committed to Congress. As one law professor said to me, this is what happens when the swing justice is the dumb justice.

Kennedy's ruling thus effectively overturned the congressional declaration of war -- the use of force resolution voted for by Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, 75 other senators as well as 296 congressmen. If there's no war, then there are no enemy combatants. This is the diabolical arrogance of Kennedy's opinion."

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

grrrrrr

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

4. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Heck, I thought she got appointed to the Supreme Court........lol

Hauxfan!

6. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

A feller told me that if Obama wins, he's going to appoint himself to the supreme court and resign from being president.. LOL

Gary

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Bush would be better than 5 of what we have. By a long shot.

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

My dog has more sense than the 5 libs. But, then he has more sense than ANY lib.

9. KenC

KenC Member

I love that line: "...this is what happens when the 'swing justice' is the 'dumb justice'."

I just wish that the rest of the Republicans would fight back against the libs the way she does.

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

How can that sweet Ann get on the Supreme Court? I didn't even think she was a lawyer. Isn't that required?

11. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Ann "comments" on the Supreme Court. No wonder you are a Democrat. However, she is a lawyer and her resume is more impressive than Obambi's.

"As an undergraduate at Cornell University, Coulter helped found The Cornell Review,[9] and was a member of the Delta Gamma national women's fraternity.[10] She graduated cum laude from Cornell in 1984, and received her law degree from the University of Michigan Law School, where she achieved membership in the Order of the Coif and was an editor of the Michigan Law Review.[11] At Michigan, Coulter founded a local chapter of the Federalist Society and was trained at the National Journalism Center.[12]

After law school, Coulter served as a law clerk, in Kansas City, for Pasco Bowman II of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.[13] After a short time working in New York City in private practice, where she specialized in corporate law, Coulter left to work for the United States Senate Judiciary Committee after the Republican Party took control of Congress in 1994. She handled crime and immigration issues for Senator Spencer Abraham of Michigan, and helped craft legislation designed to expedite the deportation of aliens convicted of felonies.[14] She later became a litigator with the Center for Individual Rights.[15]"

12. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

JB, I hope you aren't addressing me. I ain't no stinkin' Democrat. Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ann coulter supreme court clerk