1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Animal Conservation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

Overpopulation of the American Alligator has become a problem around the Silver Dollar club in FL and in many other areas in the South. I suggest that many of these animals be captured and transplanted into the Rio Grande River. It is possible that this action could help toward solving two problems.

I know that many parts of the Rio Grande are shallow and might not have a lot of food for the alligators. But, hungry alligators in the river would figure out something to have for dinner.

Pat Ireland

2. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Pat,

Using simple logic and common sense to solve what others have made into a complicated, seemingly unsolvable problem. Are you sure that you are not really a New Hampshire "Swamp Yankee"?

Live Free or Die,
    Ron

3. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Pack one up and send it to Hillary. Let her look it over really close and have her tell us her thoughts. Oh one more thing. On one end write OPEN THIS END.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Gargoyle- Your post was not real clear to me. Did you mean to write "open this end" on the package or on Mrs. Clinton?

Ron Frazier- I am many things and I have been called many more things, but I am not a Yankee.

Pat Ireland

5. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

Sorry Pat,
    Didn't mean for you to take that as an insult. A "swamp yankee" is a very independant person who takes a straight forward, no nonsense approach to problem solving. Most of the time they are looked down on by the highly educated, liberal types.

6. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Pat.....please change your medication!

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry- I look forward to buying you a cup of coffee.

Ron Frazier- I am familiar with the term "Swamp Yankee" and consider it a compliment. I was not offended but still had to comment on the "Yankee" part of the title.

Hipshot 3- Do you know of a medication that might help me just a little? I am clearly in need.

Pat Ireland

8. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

You have the gato in a box. You would not want her to open the tail end but the end where the mouth is.

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A few ounces of cheap rye wiskey should help you Pat. And remember that even if you start to feel better keep taking the medicine until the bottle is empty. HMB

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Have the alligator eat Hillary BEFORE you transplant it to the Rio Grande. That way it can get the taste out of its mouth.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

Brian- I am greatly disappointed in your comment. I never expected you to suggest such cruel treatment to an animal.

Pat Ireland

12. magnumthunder

magnumthunder Member

AWESOME!! Great Ideas.

13. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I protest the cruelty to the alligators !!!..........Uncle Sam, Pa.

14. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

the gator would choke to death on senator from ny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.