1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ANGRY... First Bad Trap Shoot Day!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Frye, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frye

Frye TS Member

Today, I decided to go to the club for a turkey shoot. I went alone to kills some time. Once I arrived and placed my card on a spot, I went to my truck to get my gun ready and add a layer of warm clothes. After a few minutes a heard a woman hollering my name over and over. Worried that I had been called to shoot and didn't hear it, I hussled over to greet her. She asked me if I was so and so, I said Yes and asked if we had been called up to shoot? She snickered and said "no, I just wanted to know who you are." I shrugged it off and went back to my truck to wait for the squad to be called. A few minutes later they announced the squad and I walked over to the trap to shoot and this lady had squadded up with me along with her husband and another friend of theirs. I did my standard introduction and hand shake as I always do when shooting with people I don't know and they seemed very nice at first, then this gal drops my jaw with a statement I never saw coming. "We were warned by some people to not shoot with you because your unbeatable, We're gonna kick your @## today!" I couldn't belive what I was hearing from this woman. I was offended by her statement but I simply answered that she had heard wrong, I am beatable and have been beat many times. Her and her husband were gunning for me! I shot the round and won agaist her in a shoot off. Thinking that was the end of it, I placed my card on another shoot and walked back to my truck. AGAIN, she and her husband and friend squadded with me, I shot the round and won in a shoot off with the husband this time. Third game came with the same result, again they squadded with me and I won the round with a straight. I was so angry by being stalked by this group that I went in the clubhouse and pulled my card. There were other people that I was trying to shoot with but these people were just plain stalking me. I've never had an experience like this before on the trap and I'm thinking I should have just packed it in for the day.

Whew.... Now I feel better!

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

ANY QUESTIONS? LOL

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Leo, Kay, Phil, Harlan and Ray, put up with it every day...

It's lonesome at the top....

Jim C

(michigan) feeling a bit lower case right now....

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hauxfan!

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Whoo Frye you have just been challenged by another large mouth, Sportshot. I'll bet you are just shaking over that also, sounds like Ma Clampett could take him so no worries.

Don

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Oooohhhhh my.....

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I would of "accidenttly" let one go one the ground and explained how you've been having trigger problems.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Trash talk. If you let it bother you, you have the problem.

9. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The idea is that it's suppose to be a day of fun, not having to put up with attitude and a lack of manners.

10. fletcher

fletcher TS Member

Going to a strange club it is alway nice to look around and see who all the locals think is the best, squadd with that person win a few then leave allways make the local's think maybe this guy ain't that good, I always want to shoot against the best they have to offer.

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would of asked them if they wanted to buy one of the Turkeys you won shooting against them ... They were trying to play mind games with you and you didn't fall for them, no big deal ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

consider your self the top dog what a compliment! Now you name the date and the place and I'm going to whup you! Thats right it's go time

13. shark1

shark1 Member

What can you do? There are knuckle heads out there. I just had an instance at local turkey shoot were 99% are good people and you got one gassed up Individual running his mouth. Stay away from him and enjoy. Some of these local turkey shooters or so called king of the cards act like they won the Grand American. Let them think what they want, take them to the trap range and have them contribute to the lewis class.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

14. Frye

Frye TS Member

Hey BigDon.. Thumbs up.. Thank you!! I'm all about competition. Shooting with the top guns has helped me become a better shooter so whenever there is an opportunity to shoot with the best, I'm not turning that down. I have a passion for this sport and every shot I take is a learning experience. I'm not a trap shoot marvel by any means. I try to hit every target, one at time and I try not to reflect negativly on the ones I miss. I may not win every round, In fact I'm on the losing end most of the time. I know I can learn just as much by shoot well as I can by shooting poorly so losing a round or missing a hard right on 5 doesn't get to me. I replay it in my mind and do it different the next time I see that target. To be challenged?? You bet.. I'll shoot with anyone, anywhere. I live for it but to stalked and intimidated, Heck NO.. That's not why I shoot. To bad the hillbilles couldn't win againt me, I'm glad they didn't. Not because I'm better than them, they lost simply because they didn't earn it. If I would have lost the 4th game or the 3rd or 2nd or any of them, I would have gone home the same person to the same lifestyle as I was when I left. I hope that when I leave the trap house for the day the other shooters I shot with on that day will want to shoot with me the next time.

15. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Frye,
    Hope those people are not "hillbilillies", it would give the rest of us "hillbillies" a bad name.
    I once had a lady that did not care for me at the time started "jawing" so I bet her a coke that I would beat her on the second hundred of a singles event. Since she was already angry and dying to whup my butt, I told her that I would like for her to serve me the coke "ice cold and with a little napkin over her arm" after I beat her. Also, I never lost my cool and the madder she got , the better chance I had. Needless to say I got inside of her head and she did not shoot very well. You should have told her when she was going to kick your backside that your were used to people trying, but it is nearly impossible for that to happen because the pressure to break big scores against you was unbearable. Would have given her something to think about.

16. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

You may consider that a bad day but I would consider that a compliment and a good day. After all if nobody wanted to beat you,you would have nobody to beat. Winning is what the game is all about. B12

17. Frye

Frye TS Member

Hey Charlie,
    No, they weren't really hillbillies, I was just pluggin' that in from a comment in a previous post. I went to the club the other day to drop of some food donations and they were there shooting practice. I made sure they saw me by cheerfully hollering "HEY! How you shootin' today?" The blank look on their faces told me that they didn't have much to say that time. I look back on this and in a way, wish I would have toyed with the couple like they did me but I always try to be polite and mind my manners. I did that day and I'm glad for that. I'm not much on stirring the pot but I sure wish I would have bet a little side pot on the match!

Shoot well..
    Frye.

18. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Ya know ... no matter what the scores were they did win because you pulled your card and quit.

Quitters never win and winners never quit ... you quit and they won ... how sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.