1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Angry American

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Juno, Aug 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juno

Juno TS Member

This is also known as Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue. It was written by Toby Keith 6 days after 9/11. It took him 20 minutes to write. It is the battle cry of the soldiers in Iraq. Bombs have been branded with it, as well as the first tank in Bahgdad. Thought some might appreciate this.toby keith<br/><object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=3995559,t=1,mt=video,searchID=4ffa1797-9d4f-4276-b419-bdbc72ca537a,primarycolor=,secondarycolor="/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=3995559,t=1,mt=video,searchID=4ffa1797-9d4f-4276-b419-bdbc72ca537a,primarycolor=,secondarycolor=" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object>

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Dumb Ass Lit. What is wrong with supporting our country, our servicemen, or our congress and senate that voted to go to Iraq. If you had some relation that was in Iraq, or any other country for that matter, protecting OUR best interest, would you not want to fortify the resolve by which they risk their lives FOR YOU! Go %^$#8 your self. ps: Strong letter to follow. Yes I support my service men, the USA's best interest, and our future. What are you doing?
    Combing the "Breck boy's" hair? WAPOS.

3. coltlover

coltlover Member

Think you misspelled your screen name.. Sure it isn't "THE LIBERALIST" ??

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

How refreshing; in addition to tales of getting drunk and getting laid, Toby Keith has now added patriotism to his stable of muses.

Whether Lit chooses to appreciate it or not, this guy's becoming quite the well-rounded artist!

C'mon, Lit...come down here and squirm in the proletarian muck with the rest of us...3 million adolescent males in jacked-up 4 wheelers can't be wrong.

5. Juno

Juno TS Member

Toby Keith's steadfast support of the U.S. military is being recognized in Congress. Oklahoma Congressman Tom Cole has submitted a resolution highlighting Keith's commitment to the troops. The country superstar has made six trips overseas to perform for the military, one time refusing to quit even when the site of his concert was attacked by mortar fire.

"I appreciate Congressman Cole's recognition in introducing this resolution," Keith says, "and I have to say that the real glory belongs to those men and women I've met who leave their families and put it on the line for the rest of us. Getting to visit with them once a year is the biggest honor for me, and I will continue to encourage other artists and performers to make that USO trip."

Keith has performed for over 135,000 service members over the years, with recent performances in Afghanistan, Iraq, Cuba, Germany, Belgium, Kosovo, Italy and Africa.

6. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Buzz..I would take any of country rock'n, Toby Keith sing'n, squirrel shoot'n patriot, beside me in Iraq, than the "Liberet". And yes that's spelled right.

I suppose you like Spike Lee, Jane Fonda, The Breck Boy,or Madonna?

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

For which side? (heh)

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Isn't that the song that created the big controvesy with one of the networks a few years ago. They wanted Toby to change a word or two so they air on their 4th of July. He told them to stick it and did something else instead.

ec90t

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Here's some good news for "liberalists". Knew it was BS from the beginning.

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Hey buzz,

What's wrong with getting drunk and laid? Probably how the lib and you got here. :D

11. Juno

Juno TS Member

ec, He never refused to change a word or two. I think the story went more like this: Singer Toby Keith speaks out on ABC censorship

By Brian Mansfield, special for USA TODAY

By Robert Deutsch, USA TODAY
    Country singer Toby Keith has some choice words for Peter Jennings.

Toby Keith says the producer of an ABC 4th of July TV special rescinded an offer to have the country singer perform his current hit after the show's host, World News Tonight anchor Peter Jennings, heard the song and vetoed it.

The single, Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American), is an outpouring of grief, anger and frustration Keith wrote in the wake of Sept. 11 and the earlier death of his father. The controversial, patriotic song tells of a veteran who lost his eye in a combat training mission and also features a number of confrontational verses.

Lyrics from Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)

This big dog will fight

When you rattle his cage

And you'll be sorry that you messed with

The U.S. of A

'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass

It's the American way

"I find it interesting that he's not from the U.S.," Keith says of Jennings, who is Canadian. "I bet Dan Rather'd let me do it on his special."
    We had one station in Phoenix that actually played an edited version," says DreamWorks Nashville promotion chief Scott Borchetta. "They got complaint calls because they bleeped (the word 'ass'

"It was a song I was inspired to write because I lost (my father) six months before 9/11. Nobody wrote an angry American song, and this was one. It was the way everybody felt when they saw those two buildings fall."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.