1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Angleport??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I recently received a KS-5 Special from a dealer that had initially told me there were no ports on the gun. "After" he shipped the gun he emailed me and said that it had Topline ports. Hopefully the picture I took will show up. To me it looks like the ports are by Angleport. Any input? Thanks. Ed

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Looks like angleport to me, topline isn't an oval like those are.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I'd agree.

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I'd say Angleport for sure and I've had many of them exactly like that.

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot guys. The gun is very good condition and seems to fit me perfectly. I didn't mess with the rib adjustment. I just raised the comb 1/8" and it was just the way I wanted it. Hopefully this weekend I can shoot a few targets,weather permitting. Again thanks for your input. Ed

6. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

A friend that I squad with has a KS5 that is angle ported. For some reason I don't notice the loud porting blast from his gun at all, like I do from ported brownings and the like. Go figure?

Like you..rather not have porting but it wouldn't keep me from buying or enjoying a gun that had it. KS5's are one of the most under-rated trap guns available...IMO

7. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Preventing muzzle rise with a ported single barrel KS5?? How's that second shot working out?

8. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

That's another reason not to get a barrel of a shotgun ported, unless you get a signed statement as to who ported it, it might as well have been from Joe's garage by Black & Decker..now where is the value in that gun...

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

exo. Do yourself a favor and pattern your old gun at 13 yards and this new gun at 13 yards. Set up the new gun exactly like your old gun (POI wise). A lot less grief and consternation that way. DO IT! do not go to stating 3 and bang away. Easy to adjust to 3 quickly. But if you have different POIs it will take 5000 shots to get used to that gun

And yes Browning ports are very loud and concussive because the bottom bbl has the ports on the side of the bbl.

You should not have that issue with angleport.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.