1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Angleport What! Service?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by williray, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williray

williray TS Member

Read on this site dont expect Angleport to respond to Emails,they dont! I inquired of their offer of 5 chokes for $100 at least 3 times and gave up.

Ran into Tron a few weeks back, I liked the porting job on the guns he was shooting, he commented "Angleport did them, that they worked very well didnt get cruddy", overall he's pleased with the work. I ran home called Anglport, guy answered "ballistics" I asked a few questions, Like how much for return shipping how long will you have the barrel, "$15, $75 total, 2days" said "good It's on it's way"! brand new 32" trap barrel, there's a shipping adder and a mailing adder (PO Box)

Well I called down today spoke to the same guy, "We dont have your barrel!" "Where'd ya send it to 100 industrial"? "Yeah" says I, "Nope ya gotta send it to the PO adder", "Where's my Barrel"? "I'll ask the secretary. I'll call you tomorrow."

The web site looks good with all the neat Beretta bells and whistles but it appears they aint no service..

Just a heads up here troops I dont know if I'll get my barrel back more to follow.

Ray Williams

2. Bwanar

Bwanar TS Member

Well doubtful your barrels vanished or they're holding them without telling you. I've had several orders from them and been relitively happy with the service given the price. There chokes aren't exactly as they should be on size, but a .001 or 2 won't really change a whole lot. There chokes shoot as good as anything I've tried in my Beretta. Hopefully you insured your barrels, just in case.

3. williray

williray TS Member

Unfortunatly I didn't insure it. I assumed all was good, I was in a hurry, a lot of running around to get the barrel packed & shipped. The pity is The gent who answered the phone simply could have told me to ship to the PO box. Then his attitude is kinda blase, I'm ready to head to Arkansas. This is POOR service at best.

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Think that's crazy, I ordered a bolt opener/ handle, the colored aluminum ones for my 391. I get to the end of the site and even put in my credit card and the page comes up with my order but the shipping name and address of someone else on my street. I called them and got no answer but to order it over the phone. So I don't trust the website? Humm, I'll do business with someone else. I bought my bolt handle in stainless steal black oxide, from MPC Sports for the same price and shipping was cheaper. It took my friend down the street a month to get his chokes from them. By the way , his name was the name that always came up when I tried to order the bolt handle, 5 times from their site. I guess their website can't recognize two different addresses on the same street.

Jerbear

5. m70win

m70win Member

I'd blame that no good for nothin Tron.

Tim

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have dealt with them 30 or 40 times- perfect- best group going

I think this has happened on here many times before- someone ships something with no insurance or doesnt pay for insurance on the return and something happens- and they want to blame the other party

you dont buy insurance- you get what you pay for- nothing

sorry it comes down to that

regards from Iowa

Gene

7. turbonick

turbonick Member

I emailed them asking if K80 chokes were included in the sale. Waited 2 months with no reply. Just about gave up and was pissed off. I called them and ordered the chokes. They came within the week, and they included a plastic case that holds all 5 chokes. The chokes pattern atleast as good or a little better that the factory steel chokes. Still trying to find someone at my club with the titanium chokes to test back to back. Anyway, they don't seem to have the best customer service online, but the guy that answered the phone was great, and I got my chokes in 3 or 4 days.

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I am a Rep for Ballistic, and I CALL THEM. Their parts, chokes and services are so good I don't mind using their (free) phone number.

If you send anything of value through a common carrier without insurance, you are going to pay STUPID TAX.

They have a shipping address and a mailing address. If you are shipping a barrel to them, use the shipping address. (DUH) I have a commercial account with Fed EX and the mailing form has a place to put the street address. Is this a hint?

I have dealt with them for years, and as Gene says, "perfect-best group going".

9. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I had got 2 sets of chokes for me guns and a bolt closer. Had no problems with there service. I sent guns from work to Angleport to get chokes and barrel work. Again no problem. The guy that sent the barrel INSURED it BOTH ways and got the barrel back in less the 2 weeks from start to finish.
    I can't get mad over a company with service like that.
    I sorry but if you didn't insure your package thats your own fault.

10. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Not trying to flame here but what does insuring or not insuring a barrel sent somewhere have anything to do with the company recieving the package?, or knowingg where it is within their company? Just a question.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

11. williray

williray TS Member

Yes Yes & Yes!!Please see my latest thread.I am properly chastised. AND They did indeed find the barrel,and machined it already. I'm not really blaming them for my dumba__ misteak!!! However, I was on the horn with them about the porting and so forth. and coulda mentioned that the USPS wont go into the park to deliver. to use UPS or Fed Ex..and to send to the PO Box!!

They NEVER answer their E mails!!! and they need to update the WEB site TOO!!

There I said it..

Anyway all, hope the damn snow melts soon and I can finally shoot my new Trap gun

Regards

Ray

12. porky

porky TS Member

What williray said on his seperate thread.

Subject: My Angleport saga has ended. And a Warning!!!

Date: Tue, Feb 26, 2008 - 10:01 AM CT

I just got off the Phone with Angleport, my barrel has been found, ported and will be shipped back to me today!!!!

The Warning. Angleport is located in a Industrial Park, seems the USPS does not go inside, they only go to the mailboxes at the head of the park. So bigger parts wind up as uncollected mail and ultimatly shipped back (maybe) to the sender. Bottom line UPS or FED EX!!!!

I spent the evening going thru my options, (not many) cause I didn't insure or register the Barrel!!!

Yeah I know!!! Dumba$$!!!!

So heed my warning! ask, insure, register.

Shoot well

Ray Williams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.