1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Angleport K80 Barrel Weight??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hooked, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooked

Hooked Member

Hi everyone,

I ordered, and just received one of those "between the barrel" weights from Angleport for my K80. Angleport calls them brick weights and after looking at mine, I sort of know why. The picture in the catalog showed what appeared to be a nice, well finished weight, painted black in color. For my $100 I received a relatively rough (not quite as rough as a brick, but certainly rougher than I expected)piece with a bare metal finish.

Anyway, my question is: has anybody else had any experience with this particular weight, and if so, was there any damage to the finish of your barrels when you clamped the weight on? My concern with the weight being rough and bare metal is that there might be a chance that it will scratch the barrels.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Brian

2. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Hooked (Brian),

I don't have one of the AnglePort "between the barrel" weights, but I DO have a set of the brass weights that "skeet_man" (Ian Smingler) makes for Krieghoffs and Kolars. I know he deals with some of the Kolar "between the barrel" weights, and I have seen these, and they are usually finished pretty nicely with some type of rubber or electrical tape on the curved surface that would keep the weight from touching your barrel metal-to-metal. I would definetly worry about scratching your finish.

I would also think about possibly returning to AnglePort the weight you have and getting one from Ian. If the one you purchased is 1/2 as bad as you describe, you will never be happy and probably get more unhappy if it messes up the blueing on your gun. I know I would look into returning it, if they would let me.

Mike* (MH*)

3. idoc

idoc Member

Have one and it works great. No trouble with the barrel at all. Make sure when you clamp it down to leave a little space between the end of the weight and the post on the barrel...................Rich

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The weight is soft and will not harm the finish. As was said by another poster, leave a little gap from the rear hanger.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If your looking for an alternative to the angleport weight, check out my website above.

Thanks for the plug Mike!

Ian

6. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Ian,

I noticed you didn't attach your website to the reply, so I found it on another thread and added it here for you.

Mike* (MH*)

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Mike- "Old" age must be getting to me LOL. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
weights for k-80
angle port magazine weight
angleport barrel weights
anyone using the barrel weights for their k-80

k80 barrel weights

weights for k-80