1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Angleport Chokes.....good, bad?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mt, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt

mt Member

Angleport is having a sale on choke tubes....wondering if anyone uses them and their experiences. I recently "lost" a set for my Browning (invector plus extended)....they magically dissapeared from my shooting bag while i was practicing. I was just about to purchase from Briley when i saw the ad in Shotgun Sports.

Thanks for the help

2. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

mt- bought a set of 4 a couple months ago. Am completely satisfied with performance. Good deal if sale prices are as good as I got. 4/$100

3. geterdone

geterdone Member

gll,
    I knew that Kolar did not make their own choke tubes but I did not know who made them. Does Angleport still make them?

4. Don K8020

Don K8020 TS Member

I was talking to a gunsmith at Kolar the other day and he gave me the following info about Kolar chokes:

750 bore - chokes were originally made by Angleport, currently made by Comp-N-Choke.

740 bore - made in-house by Kolar.

Angleport still makes replacement chokes for Kolars, I know for a fact in 750 bore, and, if I remember correctly, also in 740 bore. I had a set of Angleport 750 bore chokes for my Kolar sporting and they performed very well. Upgraded the sporter to a Kolar Elite grade, also in 750 bore, that came with the Comp-N-Chokes. Couldn't tell any apparent difference performance-wise, although the Angleport chokes are more elegant, IMHO.

Kolar now has a third bore size, .735, which they use in their skeet guns to get an exact weight match between the carrier barrels with subgauge tubes and the 12ga shooting barrels. The gunsmith told me this only works (exact weight match) on 30-inch length barrels. I forgot to ask him who made the 735 bore chokes.

Don Anderson

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Very good chokes. Have used them for a dozen years in a dozen guns. Most I paid $60 each for so the 5 for $100 deal now is impossible to beat.

6. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

I sent AnglePort an email requesting info...never got a reply...figured the sale is over. Oh well....lost a sale. Best Regards, Ed

7. ilive4skeet

ilive4skeet TS Member

Big Tuna

Look them up on the Internet and get the number from their web site, I did that and called them. Friendly folks and good service. I bought five chokes for my 391. They pattern well. Definitely worth the extra effort to find them. I just checked their site and the sale is still listed as going on. www.angleport.com.
    Call them @ 800-276-2550.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.