1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Angle Port Gas Piston?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ridge Runner, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner TS Member

I have a N.C.P. 391 conversion, that I have over 45.000 rounds through it. The only thing, that I have ever had break was the recoil buffer. I guess I have been lucky. I am still shooting the original gas piston and the trigger hammer braces and the connecting link. Those are the parts that I hear that most frequently break, I have changed the recoil spring ,twice and also the hammer spring. I do keep the gun clean clean. I think that means a lot.The recoil buffer does not break, it came loose from the receiver and Had to be replaced.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

RidgeRunner: Your experience is the same as mine and I agree with your advice. It's pointless to start trying to upgrade parts for longevity. I've heard just as many complaints about aftermarket pistons and bolt connecting rods as the original ones. I have an extra factory piston, hammer braces, bolt connecting rod (the only thing that ever broke) mainsprings, which I repace every 20,000 rounds or so, and a recoil buffer. I probably won't ever need any of these parts, but if something breaks in the middle of a shoot, I want to be prepared.

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, Glad to see you are building a 391 will it be Titanium is Beretta upset yet?? I would like to see a break open automatic keep me up to date on your progress.
    Buddy

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

go to web site, watch the video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.