1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Angelo Zoli SXS Doubling

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by larryjk, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryjk

larryjk Member

I have an Angelo Zoli SXS 12 ga., boxlock with single, selective trigger that has developed a habit of doubling. I pulled the stock, checked for function without shells, cleaned everything, wiped all parts with an oily shop rag so they won't rust and reassembled. Still has the doubling tendency. Anyone have any ideas other than throw it away! It is not too bad a bird gun. What company is supposed to be expert at fixing triggers?

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

When it doubles, is it always in the same sequence? Ex. Left barrel first or right first? I do believe Zoli's have a spring below the sear to maintain pressure on the engagement. If one is weak or the sear engagement is worn, that problem could occur when the first barrel is fired. I'm sure most any good gunsmith could correct the problem by relacing the necessary parts.

Big Jack

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Doubling means different things to different people.

Is it shooting both barrels simultaneously, or one after the other in succession?

If it is shooting both barrels simultaneously, does the gun have a selector switch that allows you to choose which barrel (left or right) fires first? On some guns, if the selector switch is not fully over to one side or the other (kinda in between) may cause both barrels to fire simultaneously.

4. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

There are two Zoli's. One is Angelo the other Antonio. Related I'm sure but two diff guns.Make sure you get the right parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
angelo zoli shotgun selector switch
angelo zoli sxs

antonio zoli silver eagle

sxs anjelo ioly