1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy's Gun Shop

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by firemankelly, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firemankelly

firemankelly TS Member

Has anyone actually received a gun back from Andy's after last week when ATF called and said they would be shipped them back the next day? I haven't received mine yet, but I'm in Washington State...a long way up the creek from New York.

2. firemankelly

firemankelly TS Member

A model 12 16ga deluxe....

3. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Folks,

I feel so sorry for ya'll. What has happened isn't fair. I hope you receive your respectable property back.
    Wishes to all, Matt

4. firemankelly

firemankelly TS Member

Mine showed today.....

5. firemankelly

firemankelly TS Member

Returned parcel post...No work had been done, it was packaged very well and in the same condition as when I sent it...

6. firemankelly

firemankelly TS Member

Also, I hadn't sent a deposit so there was no refund due....

7. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I have no interest in this case, don't even know of Andy.

However, it did and has made an impact on me. Few weeks back I had to have a repair done and it made sending it to a BIG known shop a lot easier. I would hate to be involved in a case like this.

Best thing to come of a disaster like this is to learn from it!!!!!

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The good thing is the whole country learned from it on TS.com

HM

9. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I sincerly hope everyone gets all there guns ,parts and money back. It is a shame that one of the best Winchester refinishers has gone. I am not taking up for the man, just now its harder than ever to find a competent refinisher with the knowledge he had. Jeff

10. flylta

flylta TS Member

Do a search for andy's and make sure you have some time to read. Seems quite a few folks had guns locked up.

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Don't know this Andy dude, but if he's as great at doing Winchester work as is claimed, is there any reason he couldn't go to work in somebody elses shop where he would apply his skills and not have to be involved w/ management/administration?

12. Weimman

Weimman TS Member

Hard to work somewhere else if your a guest of the state in one of their finer incarceration facilites.

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If he's like most 1st time offenders, he'll do little if any time.

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I for one am very interested in a short version of what happened at Andy's!!! If need be I will spend hours looking at old posts, but hope that someone can save me the time and fill me in. I know that their must be others out there that feel the same as I do. Thanks in advance for any info. Break-em all Jeff

15. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Jeff,

Their is no "short version" of this story. Do a search and you'll find out about this situation. That's what I did.

ec90t

16. grousegunner

grousegunner TS Member

8/30/07 - Just got this from Kevin Murphy with the ATF. Seems Andy didn't hold up his end of the bargain. He was to come up with $1000 to ship all of the guns back to owners but only came up with $100. Some guns got shipped out and the rest were FFL transferred over to Gary Donovan. Gary Donovan's phone number is 315-363-7041. I spoke with a lady at that number today and she informed me that they received about 100 or so guns from the ATF from Andy's shop. In addition to the shipping expense, I was charged a $30 transfer fee. They told me it should be shipped out tomorrow.

17. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

Skeet2day , you can call your Credit card company and possibly get the $500 deposit back . I did this years ago towards a Timeshare company and they were more than helpfull getting my $395 deposit when no lawyer would get involved . Hope it works for you and sorry to all who may get screwed over this .

18. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

UP FOR THE PIT BULLS!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.