1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy's Custom Shop

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by P.Muerrle, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P.Muerrle

P.Muerrle TS Member

Andy

Just curious as it has been quite a while. Has anyone found out what happened to Andy Wojtowycz of Andy's Custom Shop, Utica N.Y.? What were the legal consequences, where did he end up? How did alot of you guys who had guns or money tied up there make out? I know he told certain people that he claimed he would be back in business again. He seems to have vanished into thin air.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/ecshooter/?action=view&current=beatdeadhorse.gif" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

As I remember it, the ATF got almost everyone back their guns with the help of a FFL. Quite a few of the guns were returned incomplete because no one could figure out what parts went with what gun. I'm sure if ole Andy shows up again somebody will shoot him.

I did see a couple of 21's that had to be redone that came from Andy's shop because the work that had been done was attrocious!

ss

3. big-o

big-o Member

It is my understanding that he(Andy) pasted-away.

4. P.Muerrle

P.Muerrle TS Member

Really? Any other details?

5. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

There are a lot of "Andy"-type guys in this world. Guys who have put their hearts into everything they have done and have developed a great reputation. They never have said "NO" when someone asked for help. One day they have a health problem, family financial disaster, etc. and they don't know how to handle it. I don't know this Andy but I am sure he never meant for this to happen. We have seen other examples on this site in recent years. Take a lesson from this and move on. IMHO Ron

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Good post Ron. Sad but true and it happens in every business, but especially those that rely on the personal services of one person.

7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

He did great work for quite a while, then he went "south" about as far and a fast as person can.

I have no sympathies for his business perdicament, but no matter how many people he screwed its still not a capital offense and I hope that rumors of his demise are incorrect.

One thing I wonder though...Andy had the machining to do the milled pattern on the top of Mod 12 ribs....I believe that was the Winchester original that he had and I would hope its in the hands of someone who will continue to use it to make Mod 12 ribs. Hate to see it on the trash heap.

8. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

According to a post on Doublegunshop.com, The Gunworks of Central New York bought all of Andy's "inventory", including the rib machine. It also states that "Henry", a former employee of Andy, works at this shop. This shop also handled the transfers of guns at Andy's shop back to their owners when he didn't return them.

DoubleAuto

9. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I'm sure no pun was intended by your use of "excel irate"!

10. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Not only is the Central New York firm doing Winchester rib matting, Simmons is also advertising this service. Of course, after some very bad recent experiences, I'm afraid to send my guns anywhere, especially to a place that employs ex-Andy guys. The Central New York website is not working for me and the website never has mentioned the rib matting service, although friends have confirmed that they really do it. Oh well, life goes on.

11. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I was told Simmons got the milling machine which it not good as the new owner is not service or customer friendly not a people person for sure. I used to use them a lot over the last 40 years but not anymore.

12. blazer1

blazer1 TS Member

For everyone information concerning Andy's Custom shop, I took legal possesion of his shop and sold the contents to The Gun Works of Central NY including the ribbing machine. THe machine is operational and there work on Model 12's, 21, Parkers, etc is as good as Andy's. Most importanly, they are financial stable. Concerning Andy's whereabout? I do no he has not died, since I have a lien on his home and on his land. If anyone needs additional info, please drop me an email.

NEJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

andys custom gun works

andys custom shop
andyscustomshop