1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy's Custom Shop, Andy's Gunsmith Shop,

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jdwck, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdwck

jdwck TS Member

I hope whoever has sent thier gun and a deposit to Andy J. Wojtowycz (dba Andy's Custom Shop, aka Andy's Gunsmith Shop) and reads this is sitting down, has a pair of clean underwear and an oxygen tank nearby, because... you've been had.

Taken.
    Hornswaggled.
    Hoodwinked.
    Duped.
    Ripped Off.

Andy has had two of my guns for over 8 months, and after about the same amount of time of trying to reach him by phone, email, fax and letters, none of which he has responded to, I have conducted my own investigation and this is the conclusion;

IMMEDIATLY, DO WHATEVER YOU THINK YOU SHOULD DO TO TRY AND GET YOUR GUN BACK. DON'T WAIT ANOTHER DAY!!

Andy was living off the deposits gun owners sent him, the Ponzi scheme collapsed, and now he is in Big Trouble.

Andy owes thousands in back rent and has been evicted. By the end of this week (07/27/07) the landlord with the Marshall's asststance, will padlock his door, so even if he wanted to, Andy has no way to work on the guns (formerly) in his possession, or generate income to pay back rent or return deposits.

Inside Andy's Custom Shop, aka (Andy's Gunsmith Shop), scattered about, are approximately 80 guns (at least) of all makes models and calibers, many in various stages of disassembly.The only guy who can make heads or tails of it all, does not care, and might go to jail.
    No, let me rephrase that....HE MIGHT GO TO PRISON, NOT JAIL, because for at least a year, Andy has taken guns and thousands of dollars from people and has not returned either, and he won't even give people the RESPECT of returning phone calls, emails faxes or letters.

I don't have to tell you, that the sentimental value of some of these guns is irreplaceable and the monetary value of others is in the thousands.

Guys, some of your guns are going to be gone for along time, or for good because;
    1.. As stated above, once the landlord changes the locks on his door, anything in there becomes possession of the landlord, and by law they can throw the contents of the premises out in the street. Of course the landlord won't do that, but he does not have the man power, nor is it his responsibility to catalog and try to return guns to the rightful owners. Because some the guns in there have been reported stolen (what do you do when somebody takes your money and gun, won't return either one, and won't return phone calls, emails faxes or letters, FOR ALMOST A YEAR IN SOME CASES ?), now the ATF enters the picture.
    This gets to be a sticky situation for the landlord, so not wanting to be charged with possession of stolen property, etc. his choices are to turn them over to the Utica police, or the ATF.

2.. If a crime has been committed (interstate fraud, wire fraud, theft, possession of stolen property, etc.) some of the guns might be held as evidence.
    3.. Many of these guns are in various stages of disassembly and restoration.
    4.. Just as it is with Andy's landlord, I don't think it is high on the ATF's list of priorities to catalog and try to return guns to the rightful owners, besides how easy do you think it will be reverse check a gun that was a gift from a deceased relative, handed down through generations, bought or swapped from a friend with a handshake and no paper?
    5.. Andy is being sued by several people.
    If he was realy sick, an honest man would know his reputation is at stake and he would have had his wife, girlfriend, sister, brother, friend, hunting buddy, rabbi, etc. whatever, at least make a good faith effort to contact or reply to the people whose money and guns he has, and explain to them that he was sick.
    I believe the reason he did not do this, is because he was not allways sick for the past year or so, DID NOT CARE ABOUT HIS REPUTATION, and he knew what he was going to do, which was intentionally, willfully and maliciously take money from people and he wanted to continue taking their money.

Henry Paprocki and others that worked for him, warned people that Andy was cheating people, and they were dismissed as disgruntled employees.

Andy betrayed many people, including friends who loaned him money, and now he won't even give them (his friends who loaned him money), the RESPECT of returning their phone calls, emails, faxes or letters because he has no intention of paying them back.

It is responsibility of those who have been ripped off by Andy, to warn others in the community and hopefully spare them the time, money, anger, stress, misery and heartache of loosing a treasured heirloom. Not to mention the humiliation and embarrassment of being ripped off.

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Let's see, this might be the solution!!!

Cheers

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Damn, I was lucky for once. I very near sent him a Model 12 2 years ago to have a solid rib installed to match other Mod 12s and 42s.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

jdwck,

I don't want to doubt your word, but if you could clue us in on your investigation with a few details, some of the other sites that have brought Andy's name up surely would be interested.

I've gotten a few emails (unsolicited), from others with a similar story. I did not, nor do I still know who sent them to me.

Have you had words with the landlord or law enforcement?

Doug Braker

5. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

How about all you people that were saying to wait and see ! wheres your advice now,I am out the only pigeon grade model 42 I have ever seen, Dan Witcher

6. mobear

mobear Member

The contents of a building do not become the property of the landlord when their is an eviction, and the tenent is locked out.

If this is true the BATF needs to be contacted, so that someone is there when the building is taken back into pocession by the owner.

Also contact the local sherrif or police department, as they will be the ones who serve the eviction notice.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

In my state the landlord can charge storage for anything left when there is an eviction. After 30 days he can sell the items to defray the storage charges.

I don't know if there are limits on what storage charges can be.

HM

8. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

I for one, would be on the road DRIVING there to contact the landlord, and the police dept. With my paperwork IN HAND! If need be, I would go to the court house.
    Steve

9. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

What I don't get... Is that he's done all this great work for so many people for sometime and then all of sudden he's a crook-liar-cheater.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Something underlying is going on I think.

10. Bridger

Bridger Member

The property of the tenant might be subject to seizure by the landlord but I doubt that the property of his customers can be taken. I guess with all the bad press he's been getting this is not a big surprise and I'm only thankful I never sent him anything. I would be pestering BATF until I got an answer on what to expect. It only makes sense that the rightful owner is entitled to the return of his property but identifying what is yours may be a big problem. In the meantime, I would put my homeowners insurer on notice and if this can not be resolved shortly I would go ahead and file a claim for the conversion/theft of the firearm.

11. Don Nolan

Don Nolan TS Member

First off, Andy has not answered the phone or e-mails for years. If he did, he would be at the phone and the computer all day and never get anything done. So that is why he quit answering them years ago. Can't blame him for that. If you go to Gunshop.com you may get a few answers. I am sure he is doing everything he can to right things.

12. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

A power of Attorny(sp) to a Local Lawyer might be wise if said guns have value to you.But name calling won't get you a thing. Jon

13. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

GWll, Isn't that tattoo a reference to southerners in white hoods who lynched black men? Not a real nice image. Jake

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

jakearoo, the tatto is what you want it to be. are you black, perchance? People were hung for many things in the history of the south.

Yes, sometimes black people. And white people. Horse thieves, rapists, murderers,.........Northern liberals....

Sounds like you have an itch you want to scratch.

HM

15. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

Called andy's number this morning,recording said the number has been disconnected, Dan Witcher

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

JKW...I went to Gunshop.com. Doesn't have anything about this on there. Can you provide another website, or more information?

17. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

I called and left my number,didn't get a return call, Dan Witcher

18. Gunen

Gunen Banned User Banned

My name is Steve Olin. I am a gun engraver and I have known Andy of Andy's Custom Shop for at least 16 years.
    I do not know very much specific information of which some are complaining. I do know that Andy Wojtowycz is not a crook, felon, gun runner, or other disreputaple type.
    I find it difficult to believe the degree of vitriol directed at Andy eminating from this forum.
    I've found Andy to be an honest man and a great gunsmith who does not deserve this type of verbal maltreatment.

To the "gentlemen" who are spreading false rumors, half truths, and innuendos:

When a death in your family, added personal financial responsibilities through no fault of your own, and 2 medical problems of a very serious and painful nature befall you almost simultaneously, do remember your unkind and unnecessary comments regarding Andy's character.
    I have a Winchester model 21 at Andy's Custom Shop and I'm not worried about it. Andy is the best there is for Winchesters and I can wait. If I didn't care what the gunsmithing looked like I would have sent it to somebody else.

19. jdwck

jdwck TS Member

And you thought the FBI failed to connect the dots regarding 9/11.

Sent gun and deposit to Andy - promises to have done by______
    Due date goes by.
    Numerous calls to check the status - no answer.
    Leave numerous messages - no reply.
    After many calls, email and faxes...no reply.
    Please return guns and deposit...no reply.

After approximately 8 months of no reply to calls, email and faxes, Detective work 101 begins - Google Andy Wojtowycz, Andy's Custom Shop, and Andy's Gunsmith Shop, and read online that others have same experience. Use Google maps and telephone directories to cross reference street address and phone # 's of nearby business, gunshops, Fish and Game clubs, get names of business associates, employees and other customers.Conduct telephone and email interviews and they will tell you that;

Andy won't return anybody's calls, email and faxes.
    Andy has been sued by several people for same issues.
    Andy's employees quit because of bounced paychecks.
    Andy has not paid rent for almost 1 year and has been evicted (notice affixed to door).
    Andy has borrowed money from associates and disappeared.
    Andy's phone is disconnected.

This is an "honorable man"?
    Who does business this way?
    What would you do if a roofer, plumber, auto repair, home improvement contractor, caterer, etc.did this?... you bet your ass you would!

You call, email and fax messages saying "Never mind, just PLEASE return my guns and deposit" and the guy does nothing ???

Andy's father died, so that means he can't return anybody's calls, email and faxes or return their guns and deposit after 6, 7, 8, 9 months of asking?

I don't care how good of an artist or craftsman a person is, there is no excuse not to return correspondence, especially when you have somebody's property and money.

All this talk about, if he returned calls, email and faxes "he would be at the phone and the computer all day and never get anything done" is bull, it is called running a business.

"He has earned a good reputation over a long period of time and, I believe, deserves the opportunity to retain that reputation."

Yes, a reasonable person would know his or her reputation is at stake, and at least make a good faith effort to contact or reply to the people whose money and guns they have, and give them an explanation.
    Again, knowing that all these guys have been leaving him messages, he couldn't have had his wife, girlfriend, sister, brother, friend, hunting buddy, reply and explain what is going on?

"Andy has always done right by me! " - Yes, I don't doubt that, maybe he has in the past, but ... he was borrowing from Peter to pay Paul and something went wrong, terribly wrong.

He did not return anybody's messages, because he did not want to talk to people who would ask for their money back, because he did not have it.

To the non-believers and defenders; spend a few hours of your time doing your own investigation, and you can decide for yourself whether or not these are false rumors, half truths, or innuendos.

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

Just say the word ... I'll supply the rope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

andy wojtowycz

andy wojtowycz gunsmith