1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy Griffith Show Trivia--What Shotgun Brand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by charlie1951, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlie1951

charlie1951 TS Member

Okay, folks--just got through watching, for the umpteenth time, the Andy episode in which Thelma Lou's cousin Karen humiliates Andy thoroughly on the skeet field. My question relates to the brand of shotgun that Andy and Karen both use in this episode. Both of them appear to be Krieghoffs, but this show originally aired in 1961. Would these guns have been Remington 32's, or did someone "import" a couple of Krieghoff 32's? Sheriff Andy's gun has some pretty decent-looking engraving; during this episode he also uses this gun to shoot crows.
    I guess these over/unders were from the personal collection of a highly-paid Hollywood actor, rather than that of a small-town civil servant. A good ol' Model 12, a humpback Browning, or an L. C. Smith would've looked a lot more believable!

Charlie

2. fordfan347

fordfan347 Member

Remington 3200, pretty sure of it.

3. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Can`t answer you question on the guns but we ate at the snappy lunch a few weeks agon in Mt. Airy NC (the real mayberry). Nice place to visit and relive the show.

4. southpark

southpark TS Member

Why would Andy be humiliated for not being able to shoot skeet?

I've watched that show for years and I've never once seen Andy wearing a skirt!

5. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Model 32 Remington

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I would say that it could be either a model 32 Remington or possibly K32 the 3200 was not introduced until 1973. The model 32 was introduced in 1932 and the K32 was first manufactured in 1957. So I think it is anybodies guess on which gun it is.

Bob Lawless

7. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Funny that this is brought up. Watched it three times yesterday. Nothing better to do, I suppose. Look at it real close, it is a K-32.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what brand of shot gun did andy use in the skeet shoot