1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Android Trap score sheet

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Blueraven81, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Does anyone out there know of an app for Android smartphones to score trap with?

Craig

2. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

As far as I can tell "Claytracker" only has an iphone app, not an android app.

3. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

running behind on programming...not enough screen space to put the FTF check marks...:^)

4. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I talked to the guys at claytracker about writing an app for droid. They are not interested. Period.

I flirted around with the idea of simply doing it myself and even went so far as to interview app writers. But other more important things got in the way and I did not follow through.

5. dws

dws TS Member

I write software for a living and I'm doing some Android development both in and out of work. I've been toying with the idea of a smart phone Trap Application for either the Android or the iPhone. I'm more comfortable with Android/Java vs iPhone/Objective C. Although, it would be possible to have an app for either device.

It is relatively easy to enter your own score for Skeet or Sporting Clays as only one shooter is on the line at a time. However, as we all know, with Trap your shooting with a squad. Therefore, you would have to enter your own scores after each round of 25 or have someone score for you and your squad. I can't see entering your own score after each shot unless your practicing by yourself.

Also, in order to have a realistic Trap scoring application the user/shooter could have the following options:

1) Simply enter hit/miss(lost) for each shot on each station for each event.

2) For Singles and Handicap/Yardage: Have the option to not only enter the score from above but the target presentation for each shot. For example, it may be helpful to know or track that your missing hard rights from station five. That said, entering the target presentation adds complexity is it a straight away, hard right, soft right, etc

3) For each shoot and/or event enter the date, club, weather conditions, ammo, notes, etc

4) Provide the ability to search by date and or club to look for trends.

5) Provide the ability to search and or graph/display your average by date and event. For example, display my singles average for the last 30 days or 60 days.

6) Provide the ability to search and or graph/display my average by post for singles, handicap or doubles. For instance, show the average for all Singles targets shot on post 2 over the last 30 days, 60 days, etc which could reveal trends.

The above is a sampling of features that could be added to a basic scoring application.

For those that are really interested in a Android based Trap Application let me know what features or functionality you would like to see.

Dennis Skudney in Arizona.

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Dennis you are the man. I have the Android phone and would be more than happy to pay for a app like this. So far, what you have mentioned seems that it would work great. For now I am using the Excel spreadsheet that is provided by this site.

Bryan

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

IPhone user here that would definately like an APP fro Trap on my phone. I'm eagerly tuned in now.

Matt

8. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

Your on the money with your thoughts.

Point six is an excellent idea. You just have to tell the unit what post you start on each round.

Philip Santos in Litchfield Park, AZ

9. KeepWoodOnWood

KeepWoodOnWood Member

I'd be happy with a much simpler project which would be an electronic version of the paper ATA card.

Ron

10. RHAT

RHAT Member

I would buy an APP like this,........ soun ds like a great tool

Rich
    Fw. Worth, TX

11. rmathis

rmathis TS Member

An app like this would be great for those of us who coach scholastic trap teams. As a coach I need to record the entire squad's scores and then archive those scores for statistics. Right now I take the paper score sheets and re-enter them in a spreadsheet later so that I can compute statistics like overall average, average per post, etc. Also parents who sit and watch the squad shoot would use the app to keep track of the squad score thus eliminating the possible math errors and the papers blowing away in the wind. Right now I would need to use a laptop to accomplish anything like this and that is not practical. So my vote is for an app that can handle the entire squad shot by shot like a regular score sheet.

12. Calkidd

I understand the use of a software program for league shoots or in a coach setting and for $150 it might well be worth it. But for an individual that is a steep price just to keep track of your scoring.

Bryan

13. JZ

JZ Member

does anyine knows more trap applicationes for iphone?

14. dws

dws TS Member

With regard to the App

Having a basic version or option such as KeepWoodOnWood suggested is a good idea. This weekend I will start researching the app and I'll update the thread as progress is made. Please continue to post ideas and features and we will move forward.

Thanks

Dennis Skudney

15. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

You could keep YOUR trap score on Claytracker. It would be just for raw score only>
    Don

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Great idea Dennis!! Tracking my scores by day/date/time/angle/post to include weather, wind and humidity conditions would give your programming skills a real work-out!! I volunteer my assistance for this experiment my friend!

Hap

17. dverna

dverna Active Member

One can make it so complex that only the anal few will use it. My thoughts are to utilize a spreadsheet and graph the results. A "rolling" average is a better measure of true performance as it levels out highs and lows and shows tends better.

Getting down to "target presentation by post" is not practical and will appeal to a few "bean counters". Heck, most guys don't even track 25's and record them.

KISS

Don Verna

18. KeepWoodOnWood

KeepWoodOnWood Member

Pat, I currently use a spreadsheet to track the scores (shot some Big 50's otherwise wouldn't need it) and then transfer the averages to the paper card. I've not used QuickOffice on my phone yet. I'll have to try transferring my spreadsheet to my phone and give it a try.

Does your electronic version produce an output based off a spreadsheet? It seems that would be another solution - spreadsheet output in the format of the current ATA card.

Ron

19. indycamster

indycamster Member

TrapScore - Trap Shoot Scoring
    iOS iPad
    TrapScore is a new program by Zenzel Technologies that provides the ability to track your trap shooting statistics using any iPad device. TrapScore allows you to track not only trap shooting but also track shooting of other targets including soft-air gun targets.

http://appshopper.com/sports/trapscore-trap-shoot-scoring

Ipad and or Blackberry trap app.

20. Calkidd

I'd thought I give this a quick bump to see if there has been any progress.

Bryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
free trap score sheets
printable trap score sheets
score trap doubles
skeet league scoring spreadsheet excel
trap score sheet
trap shooting score sheet app
trap shooting score sheet excel

trap shooting score sheets printable