1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anderson Co., Ky. - $30 Killer 12/5/10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LABWILD, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

$30 KILLER!

Sunday, December 5
    Anderson County Sportsman’s Club

12:00 Noon: Trap opens for practice and games

1:00 PM: 25-Bird Race (10@16 yd., 15 @25 yd.) = $6 ($3 targets, $3 pot), Long Run = $1

$30 Killer (8 marks) starts at the conclusion of the bird race

Food will be available

More Information and/or Directions

Contact Jamey: jameyfilson@aim.com or 859 533-0866

www.acsc-ky.com

2. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

What is a KILLER? How is it shot? Is it like a Anie Oakley.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Yes, a Killer is a custer or Annie - Not sure why but depends on what part of the country you are in as to what they call it. I lived in Indiana a long time and when I moved I called it a Killer and everyone quickly informed me they are Custers. Another place I lived called them Annies. Question How many buy backs? what are you calling marks - buy backs???

4. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Very Good Club with active members. Nice overall facility, friendly, family oriented and fun. I'm intriqued with the $30. killer and hope to attend. Haven't shot with you guys since your open club shoot! Thanks for putting something like this on in December!

Eddie Quire

5. jhoward

jhoward Member

ttt for Lee

Cuban, a mark is given to each shooter who shot at, but missed, a target that is broken by another shooter. Or if you shoot in on a broken target or shoot out of turn.

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx Jhoward. Thats what I figured. It is a buy back like we call them. 8 marks and $30 to get in??? Bet that last's a long time?? Kind of hard to see how the club could profit

7. jhoward

jhoward Member

It can go on for a while, but for $30 entry and they will also sell a calcutta on the shooters, you've got to give a few extra misses or people won't feel like they got their money's worth. There is usually pretty decent in these.

8. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Is the club close to Lawrenceburg? Do you plan to have registered shoots? Nothing is mentioned on ATA's website.

9. jhoward

jhoward Member

The club is in Lawrenceburg. Just off 127, I do not believe that they shoot registered targets. Franklin County Sportman's Club would be the closest registered targets to Lawrenceburg, at least that I know.

To get to the club, turn right beside the BP station on the north side of the 127 - BG Parkway interchange. That would be right if you are going north on 127 or left if you are going south on 127. Go all the way to the end of the road and through the gate on the left.

10. One Eyed Left Handed

Santa is being kind this year with Anderson County shooting on 12/5/2010 and Franklin County shooting on 12/18/2010. I'm 12 minutes away from one and 30 minutes away from the other. Xmas doesn't get much better!

Eddie Quire

11. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

Check our website above for more info. Don't forget Hahn Ridge is shooting today, Sat., Nov. 27.

12. jhoward

jhoward Member

13. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

We are very encouraged by the responses and hits we are getting. a big THANKS to trapshooters.com for a great site. Lee Wild

14. jhoward

jhoward Member

15. One Eyed Left Handed

Looks like the weather is going to be partly sunny and around 38-40 degrees with no rain!

Eddie Quire

16. big red truck

big red truck Member

17. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

18. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

Snow today, but weather is supposed to be clear Sunday. It will be chilly, but we will have various heat systems for shooter's comfort. Club house is warm and comfy with modern indoor bathrooms. Eats will be FREE!

Lee Wild

19. jhoward

jhoward Member

Up one more time for tomorrow.

20. One Eyed Left Handed

I should have known a little snow wouldn't stop you folks! I'm getting my stuff together this evening- With having free food you may have to expand your parking-Free food is the mating call for trapshooters!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.