1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

And that, my friends, is how it's done.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wdr-NY, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

Rudy Guliani just made the argument for the Republicans--with logic, reason and articulation. That's a slam dunk of a key-note.

No fomentation, no hate...

...hammer meet nail head.

Walker

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Agree, Rudy did deliver a good speech.

I liked Huckabee's too.

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

From the Urban Dictionary

A Moby is:

An insidious and specialized type of left-wing troll who visits blogs and impersonates a conservative for the purpose of either spreading false rumors intended to sow dissension among conservative voters, or who purposely posts inflammatory and offensive comments for the purpose of discrediting the blog in question.

The term is derived from the name of the liberal musician Moby, who famously suggested in February of 2004 that left-wing activists engage in this type of subterfuge: “For example, you can go on all the pro-life chat rooms and say you’re an outraged right-wing voter and that you know that George Bush drove an ex-girlfriend to an abortion clinic and paid for her to get an abortion. Then you go to an anti-immigration Web site chat room and ask, ‘What’s all this about George Bush proposing amnesty for illegal aliens?’”

The strategy has been frequently attempted on conservative blogs, but has not been nearly as effective as Moby envisioned, since false rumors are easily debunked by fact-checking minions, and cartoonishly extreme commenters often get immediately identified as mobys and banned."

Walker here is a specialized moby known as an Obamabot.

As you can see, on most sites mobys are summarily banned because their only reason for being on a site is to cause trouble as opposed to discussing the core interests of the site.

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

If a ts.com poster mainly posts about politics, and hasn't been on until close to election time, I am very suspicious. Especially if nobody from ts.com has ever seen or shot with that person.

It is very easy for anyone to do searches on the internet in order to respond to a shooting-related thread and make it sound like they are a real shooter.

5. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Hi there wdr-NY.

I noticed that you’re rather new here. I was just wondering what type of gun you shoot and which of the shotgun disciplines you compete in.

I’m a class AA sporting shooter and I’m sure that you can guess by my sign-on what gun I shoot.

Lots of release/pull debate here as well as the perennial 7½-8 issue; reloading the new AAs is always up for discussion. Where do you sit on these issues?

Please tell us about yourself.

Oh…back to topic, I agree; Rudy did an excellent job!

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

yorker?? well whats the carpet baggers reply? rick

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rudys best line was "change is not a goal....any more than hope is a stragedy".

BRAVO, ASKED AND ANSWERED!!!!!!

8. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

ATTENTION* ATTENTION* ATTENTION* ATTENTION* ATTENTION* ATTENTION* ATTENTION

NOTICE* NOTICE* NOTICE* NOTICE* NOTICE* NOTICE* NOTICE* NOTICE* NOTICE* NOTICE

.......................................FROM THE MODERATORS.......................................

r44u77 is a F***ing Idiot.

9. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/?action=view&current=01010401010101020720070324b67f2c01d.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

10. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

No hate?!...it was all hate! Talk about no class...
    -Trappy

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Ha ha,Trappy my boy... There is now hate in that button, it's a parody of the Geico commercial. Even You could find something on the net about conservatives.

Jerbear

12. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Jerbear...I don't mean your button!
    -Trappy

13. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

AJ, stop it your killin me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.