1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

And now we know

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by halfmile, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

So I'm watching the ten o'clock news, and Zero is on Leno. He says he helped his daughters with their math homework in grade school but now one of them is a freshman in high school and he can't do her math.

Leno asked the president a viewer’s question about what subjects he struggles with when he helps his daughters with homework. ”Well, the math stuff I was fine with up until about seventh grade,” explained Obama. “But Malia is now a freshman in high school and — I’m pretty lost.”

Maybe their will be a clip on Youtube.

I would love to see that get national air play.

Good Lord.

HM

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Halfmile

You are full of sheet!! Unless you use complicated math in everyday life you would fail that same seventh grade math test....I WOULD BET A YEARS PAY ON IT!!

My wife who has taught Special Education her whole life and is just completing her second Masters degree cannot pass the Wisconsin Teachers test [math portion] she has taken it twice. There were about 15 other's taking it for multiple times there [career teachers]. You are the one who is truly uneducated!!!!

GS

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Hey Halfmile,

Ol' Middy sure seems stressed out these days, doesn't he? I'd think that a fellow who fishes all day long and lives off his wife's paycheck would be a lot more relaxed. Oh well, I guess his 99 weeks are up and he can't buy any more weed. He must be a barrel of laughs at home. Wonder if he knows how to cook?

Maybe Mid could get a job on the president's economic advisory board. Let's see, now...27 + 32 = 3....right? Huh, right?

4. midalake

ALWAYS ASSUMING Huh WS....nice work......

GS

By the way it is hunting season,has been for a month or so.......

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

WS-1, LOL

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Midalake are you one of the pot stirers that will disappear after Barry is fired? Jake

7. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

What would be the worse nightmare?

The Great Pretender getting re-elected by his stupid minions like mindless,

or

he gets re-elected, then impeached and removed for this Benghazi mess, and Joe taking his place and Joe naming Pelosi or Reid as VP??

It is Halloween, what would scare you the most?

Mindless, I am surprised you picked up on my double spacing so idiots like you can keep up. I also type real slow as a further aid to you, in view of your lack of comprehension in the difference between right and wrong.

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I'll take you up on the 7th grade math test Midal ake.

Believe it or not the language of mathematics has not really changed in the last 50 years.

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

j2jake, midalake has been here for a while. look at the date
    SKB Combo vs. Browning Combo midalake 04/08/2008 - 10:12:12 ET

10. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Maybe I should run for office...can count my fingers AND toes and come up with the right answer 9 times out of 10

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Here's some math that even Oblaimo can understand......

jerbear_2008_030381.jpg

Jerbear

12. bozwell

bozwell TS Member

I'd say it's more he's being a bit honest and trying to be a bit funny. This is hardly shocking news.

Bring a list of algebra problems and some basic trigonometry to a shoot sometime (or anywhere, for that matter) and see how many people can actually solve them correctly. Having tutored math at the high school and college level for several years, my guess would be not many. Lots of people can't do those problems while they're studying it - what are the odds they will remember it 30 years later? While I'm not saying there aren't adults that can still do math, but your average person is pretty poor at it (even when they think they aren't).

13. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

What means the most in this election that pertains to guns and the sports associated with shooting, re-electing Obama, an ultra liberal will affect gun owners in ways that we can't imagine. Just let him replace once conservative Supreme Court Justice with a liberal and we're on the way to losing our individual 2nd Amendment rights. There are now 4 Justices who believes that the 2nd Amendment is not an individual right. I believe our Founding Fathers would rollover in their graves as they intended that the Bill of Rights are individual rights. Obama has viewed the Constitution as restictive (I agree as it is a restriction on the government as powers are enumerated.) and will PROGRESS away from it. We're now being ruled by Executive Orders of which are not mentioned in the Executive portion of our Constitution. Could an Executive Order issued to the Justice Department to go after our guns? Could an Executive Order banning lead for safety reasons be in order? Yes, Obama is capable of issuing these types of Executive Orders. He's a liberal and liberals are no friends, as a whole, to firearms. BT100dc

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The news today about the Benghazi murders should remove all but the slimiest from the rolls of Obama supporters.

Tell me, Midalake, in all honesty, do you support Obama and co's decision to order the CIA and the seals to stand down, and the Lazr targeted mortars were safe because they were told not to pull the trigger?

Do you really support this administration? If you can, I feel sorry for you, and give my regards to Satan when you get there.

HM

15. midalake

JEEEEESE Halfmile

JUST BACK AWAY FROM THE TV!!! I am not watching TV yet today but whatever "truth" you have well, might or might not be...time will tell.

Your insipid HATE is overflowing with your blood pressure.

I am also sure that I have no plans with "Satin" or does he have some for me now in the future or upon my death. Thank you very much though.

The REPUBS ALWAYS blame the DEMOS of guilt and scare tactics but after living through this election I can assure you there is ONLY ONE party bullying to no end trying every desprite measure known!!!!!

Have a good day!

GS

16. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Hey Dimalake I will take the math test any day, and trust me I will pass it probably ace it

And admitting that you wife is a teacher and can't pass it, sure is saying a lot for her profession, but after reading your drivel I can see that you have sucked all of the brain cells in her out by just being in the same room

17. midalake

Good for for you Catpower aka math wizzard!!!. I am just a little more humble though. As for the rest of your slander....well it is just slander....

GS

18. bozwell

bozwell TS Member

Catpower it's great that you're confident in your 9th grade math skills, but it's naive to think that the average person in this country remembers how to do a lot of algebra/trigonometry. Most people learn that stuff (some better than others) when they're a kid and then never use it again in their career. Just like how most people on the street couldn't tell you the difference between a gerund and a past participle, because they don't deal with those terms on a daily basis. You could have had the best 9th grade teacher in the world, but common sense would indicate that if you haven't had to remember a particular skill or fact for the last 30 years, odds are you won't remember it 100%.

Like so many of these posts... when there are so many valid reasons to condemn Obama and so many things he's done wrong during his first term, why are we talking about nonsense like 9th grade math and somehow suggesting this is at all important?

19. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I won't condemn Obama for not being able to do higher math. The national debt is another matter. In his own words regarding the 16 trillion dollar deficit and a budget he has been unable to come up with in 4 yrs, it's arithmetic, which he should be able to do.

20. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

C'mon, fellas..you remember seventh grade..the hardest four years of your life.
    Just like sixth only took a year longer.

BJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.