1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

And now....Layoffs and closings

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by halfmile, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

While surfing for the other thread I found this one, and it too is too much to simply list.

I was surprised at the rapid deceleration of our economy depicted by these figures.

Go and read, and see how much the Main Stream Media is keeping hidden from the sheeple.

HM

2. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

Most of these numbers won't hit until Jan-Feb time frame due to WARN laws.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Naw,"the private sector is doing fine". BHO

11/06/12. USA R.I.P.

4. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

No one is getting laid off at the gun shops. I went to 3 of them today and they are busy as heck. one said they sold more the last 2 day then the previous 3 weeks. One said they should send Obama a thank you card.

5. Rick Barker

So are you saying Obama does create jobs???

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Sorry but here's an example of increased job opportunitys.
    [​IMG]

7. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Ever heard of the 'Baltic Dry Index'?

+1 for Zerohedge.com

8. Rick Barker

No, but after looking it up, please make connection. Sleeping at hotel room does not make me that smart after all.

9. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sign in front yard of local business on Nov 7th:

NOT HIRING....check back in 4 years.

10. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Rick , I dont think any new jobs are created in the gun industry. The ones in it are at least gonna survive longer than most .

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

You will notice that none of those companies that are doing layoffs or closing ... do not accept food stamps (EBT cards)!

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Good one, mixer.

When dumb ol' George was creating his 6,000,000 jobs (housing industry) all the libs would say "Oh, they're just burger flipper jobs. They're not real, well paying jobs." Then when Jughead got into office, Mcdonald's had a hiring fair and hired 65,000 part timers, the libs couldn't wait to include them in the monthly job report! Hilarious.

Bob Falfa

13. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

The company I work for let go 10 employees this week, puts us at 49.. cant hire anybody new.. so much for Obamacare and the Prez creating more jobs.

14. Rick Barker

Checked the website again and saw Hostess closing 3 plants.

How in the hell am I going to support my Ding Dong additction?

Xerox laying off 2500 people,

SAS airlines (worldwide) 6,000

"The private sector is doing fine" BHO

15. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

In the small town I live in here in NC the local Pizza Hut closed this week.

More entry level jobs gone!

16. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

As of 830 this morning 439K ne unemployment claims. The death spiral has begun.

Phil Berkowitz

17. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Cy-Kick,
    The reason they closed is the competition is kicking their butt on food quality and price.

I stopped going to Pizza Hut a long time ago, service bad, price way too high. They did not change with the times.

Dominos is gaining ground every day.

18. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Its time for millions of people start to march on Washington and throw them bastards out NOW. Then work for us not we work for them. Although the welpfare recievers don't think so. The corrution going on with the voter fraud and lying, coverups, it just don't end.

Your spending your money on all these guns is like throwing you money down the toliet. When the big O comes after your guns I can see it now. Oh yes mister President here is mine don't sick the military on me. I did nothing but my neighbor is ploting against you. Anything eles you want to no. Thank you sir.

19. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

Read the report from the Congressional Budget Office, a non-partisan branch of the government that Republican's regularly cite as a credible source, and you'll see that there will be some layoffs, but that they'll be temporary and that the economy will be likely to benefit from the very wealthiest Americans paying more taxes... especially if part of the money is used to reduce the deficit.

I don't get how you can be so upset at a tax increase that will, in the long run, benefit us all. You're standing up for a few wealthy arsehats who are going to be so petty as to lay off folks like you and me NOT so much because they can't afford to pay the taxes, but because they hate the thought of paying a little more in personal income taxes. Never mind that in the country's history the greatest periods of economic growth and stability were marked with far higher taxes for the wealth.

Mark T.

20. Rick Barker

And the beat goes on......

Yeah, you are right Mark, let's increase the taxes on the rich. Just tell us 6 months afterward and the economic problems are much worse, what will be the next step? More increases in the tax rate on the rich, or re-defining millionaires as those making over $100,000.00 a year?

Funny how people fail to notice Europe has had high tax rates on the rich for a long time and are sliding into the abyss but faster than we are.

Hey Mark, one more question, are you also a practicing economist that teaches that subject in college as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.