1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

And it starts,,,,,hope you

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

So hospitals HAVE to KEEP patients longer or face a fine,,,,,,tell me again how this "saves" money.....

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

This is where the government (they know best) is going to keep track of which doctors and hospitals have readmissions 30 days of discharge? The only thing worst than keeping you too long is NOT readmitting you after a problem occurs.

Can you imagine being sick and the Doctor doesn't want to readmit you because it might bring him to the attention of some bureacrat?? Thanks Barack, Pelosi, Reid, etal....... Rot in hell you miserable s...............

3. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I just went through this with my 93 year old father. He was admitted through our local hospital ER with unexplained internal bleeding. He's a WWII vet that suffered severe stomach wounds. True to his nature, he waited too long to tell us about his 'little problem'. The man, who still drives and attends his great grand-daughters ball games, was so weak he couldn't even get out of his chair.

28 hours into his hospital stay, following an endoscope and IV treatment, two nurses aids got him out of bed, put him on a walker, strapped a belt around his waist and walked him down the hall 30 feet.

We had family scheduled with him around the clock. My brother called me saying that the hospital "had" to discharge him because he could walk! It did NOT matter that he had to be brought back to his room in a wheelchair, due to total exhaustion!

NO amount of arguing or reasoning had any impact. At one point I even asked if they would put him on the curb, if we didn't take him...the answer was we'll send him home in a cab!

He has Medicare, VA coverage, and an excellent Union retirement policy - did not matter. No one was going to cover him after he 'walked' 30 feet.

Between Medicare, Obamacare and insurance rules, no one over the age of 77 is safe from illness any more.

It took him exactly 12 hours to fail again. I did the smart thing, and transported him to the VA hospital 60 miles away. He spent a week there following emergency surgery to repair 4 bleeders in his intestines.

The local hospital later called me wondering why I gave them a terrible rating/review and would send an unflattering letter to our local editorial pages.

All these new rules are intended to kill off the old people. Abortion and euthanasia - Yeah, liberals really are the only one's that care about the very young, and our old folks - NOT! It's their greed and envy, pure and simple.

I did read Obamacare, 2000 pages when it first came out - now nearly 3000 pages. It really didn't matter that the Bill was not read before they passed it. It's totally changed since then.

The only way to change Washington, is to change the caliber of the people we send there. Ethics and morals do matter.

Kip

4. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

R Kipling, I am so glad you wrote the letter and took a stand. What a sad situation.

For goodness sake!

Just get the GD Federal Government out of medical all together and the system will heal itself and be OK!

Obamy care is for votes, that is all, they do nothing in DC that menas J Sh*t to the average american. It is all targeted at the gimme gimmee want want's and government employees.

The burocratic side of the "FEDERAL" government could shut down for 6 months and I do not beleive I would notice.

We need to replace everybody in DC. What a cespool of lies and BS. All I can do about this crap with is vote.

I WILL SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME "A VOTE FOR ANYONE OTHER THAN ROMNEY IS A VOTE FOR OBAMY". There is so much more correct with Romney than Obamy a blind man can see it. Is he perfect, HELL NO, but nobody is we all have our short commings and personal insights, but, Romney does know right from wrong and I feel is sincere in his efforts.

5. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

You guys are right. We do need to clean house and start over. I have had a thought that I have had for years. How about a lottery to pick congress. Everyone over 35 without a criminal record would be put in a pool and picked at random. I dont think the quality of leadership will suffer. They would be required to serve for 1 term and then go back to their real lives.---Just a thought!

6. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Pretzel has the one term limit right. Get in on their high horse and get out before it's time for the glue factory.

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Pretzel you have a good plan, I've had one for a while that was just random names out of phone books but I like your idea

Either way it couldn't be any worse than what we have

8. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Kip,

Do you mind if I transcribe your above post and send it to my e-mail list and several of the newspapers in my greater market area? I will give you fair attribution without divulging your "handle" or the exact source (ie. TS.Com) and I will "set it up" with an introduction so any potential reader will understand the context.

I'm sorry your Dad and your family had to go through such a terrible ordeal.

Regards,

Kit

9. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

WS,

That's fine with me. Believe me, I tell everyone I can about the dismal experience. FWIW, Kipling is our family name...... I hope you get better results than we did.

Kip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.