1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anchorsteam is a JERK!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Anchorsteam, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Now that I have your attention, just to clear the aire on the "reloader rip-off" humor-rumor:
    - I sent Simprini a check for 200 bucks for a 28 gage reloader.
    - He sent me a reloader with issues. Anybody selling a reloader with as much wear and tear on it as his, should have at least been in perfect working order. It was not, no problem though.
    - I sent him a PM indicating that it had issues and we mutually decided that I would check with MEC and he might pay the difference. I talked to MEC over the phone and decided that I did not want to mess with it: either trying to fix it myself or hassling with sending it back & forth to MEC and considering that in the end, the repair might be close to 200 bucks. Not wanting to embarrass Simprini with that I decided to send it back. He indicated that he was going to 'tear up the check in the meantime'.
    - During the meantime I was selected to go on a quick, 13 day business trip outside CONUS - ok, it was at a 'paradise' location, but somebody's got to do it.
    - I did not even come close to logging on to TS.COM the entire time I was gone, nor before I left even (TS.com administrators can confirm that;^). In the meantime, the reloader issue was the furthest thing from my mind.
    - Get back to the office and I see that I have an email on my work account from the TS.COM "administrator" and lo and behold, the reloader issue has quickly become the latest payton place. (I also was briefed by a club member today that TS.com was melting down over the 'relaoder ripoff' issue and that I should get out of town fast.)
    - I then logged on to TS.com and go to my "in box" and lo, Simprini has sent me a couple PM's (no email to ME, but PM's to the web site) and I'll be darned: sounds like Anchorsteam is trying to make off with a POS reloader that Simprini tried to off-load on me - lol! How hilariously ironic.
    - Quickly sent Simprini a PM and indicated that I'd send him a NEW check asap. Here's the actual text from that email: John - I didn't know you had actually torn up the check. I'll send you another one right away. MEC said to take apart the collet assembly and mechanism and clean it up and see what happens. I have been out of town for 3 weeks on business travel and have not even been on the TS website since then. I am responding right now because I got an email at work from the TS.COM moderator. OTherwise I would not have known that you PM'd me - Like I said I have not been on the TS web site. If you want I can send the loader back and refund your shipping, no problem either way.
    - I then further reviewed my PM box and see that not only did I get colorful email from Simprini, but also from a couple rosey-prose PM's from his cross-eyed retinue and a court jester too - all demanding that "i pay up soon - or else..." lol.
    - I then sent Simprini a love note PM and indicated that not only would I send him his check back, but I'd throw in the reloader too. That way he can pull the same trick on one of you:^)
    - So the bottom line is that simprini is making out like, well...a bandit:^)
    - And for you detail oriented crackers - here's the tracking number for the worn out reloader back to sinprini: 1Z4Y5T374395040165, UPS ground, Delivery Confirmation

And here's the check number: 5230, Navy Federal Credit Union - 200 bukaroonies

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Anchor -

How does your posting to sell the same reloader figure into the story? I didn't see any mention of that in your post above. The post to sell the reloader was done on 3/2/10. How long was that trip of yours?

Scott

3. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Like they say there is always two sides to the story and I had sent Anchorstem a PM another mater and it was not returned until he got back, so it sounds like someone jumped the gun on slinging sh!t!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
    lee

4. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Scott - you are not making any sense. I had thought about selling it yes, but did not. I had totally forgotten that Simprini said he was going to 'tear up the check'. Like I said, I did not log on to TS.com for several weeks. Why would I risk bltatantly running off with a POS reloader and NOT paying for it??? I have bought and sold several thousand dollars worth of stuff on this web site and a lot of the cross-eyed retinue and court jesters know me anyway. Yeah - Like I'm going to run off and not pay for something. Like I said - I simply forgot about it until I was reminded early this week at work by the 'administrator'. If someone feels like they need to really communicate with a subscriber to this web site, they should communicate directly to that persons EMAIL address - not the 'play' "PM" address on the make-believe website. Never once did I get an email on my REAL email address. Had that occurred, I would have obviously been reminded - but like I said, I did not log on to TS.com for a long time. Mea culpa.

5. scott calhoun

Anchor -

Maybe this will help me make sense. Posted on March 2nd by you. This wasn't part of your story, just curious why not? You said you hadn't logged on to ts.com for a few weeks.

Scott

Subject: WTB. 28 GUAGE LOADER
    Email:
    Date: 02-Mar-10

I have a 28 gage grabber that I got from a TS member last week, but it needs a tune up. You can have it for 125 shipped. I was going to send it to MEC and he was going to help pay the fix-it cost. I don't want the hassle.

6. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...addressed above. Get the 'administrator' to resurrect when PM's were sent to/from simprini and me. Yes - you would see that we had exchanged a few emails about it initially. Shortly after that initial flurry of emails, I had not logged on to TX.com. Like I indicated before, I frankly forgot about the check being ' torn up'. Right after I set up the reloader initially and realized it had issues, I put it back in the box and set it back in closet. Barring no phone calls (my number is on the check!) or EMAILs - I stopped thinking about it until I got the reminder from the 'administrator' early this week - Tuesday I think. Maybe it was Monday??? Hey Admin - when did you send me the reminder email???

Bottom line is that when folks offer to sell an item for premium used prices, they should endeavor to ensure that the gear is inn proper working order OR at least disclose the faults and issues in their advertisement. Frankly, I felt like I was ripped off when I got it and I'm going to guess that you would have felt exactly the same way. But I did not whine or grouse to the carp about it. He gets his gear back + the purchase price. What a deal. lol

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Huh?? Where??

8. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

I consider the issue settled. The seller gets their worn out equipment back including their selling price. Bottom line - don;t try to peddle crap and then shrink back into the shadows and cry foul later. I should have sent it back as soon as I got it. Lesson learned for me.

BTW: he should have my check in his hot little hand by now...now cash it.

9. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Scott
    He still hasen't answered your question he steps all around it he must be a politician.
    Pete

10. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

Just because He wanted to sell the used junk Does'nt have any thing to due with this issuse!? he would make a good politician. this case is closed. "slid"

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Kick a sleeping dog, he'll bark...

Catch someone in a lie, he'll deny, deny, deny and then counter accuse.

Fact is, excercising control over another's property is theft!!

As I said before...Liars and Thieves go hand in hand.

Curt

12. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

Anchorsteam:

I have received your check and have deposited it. Thank you. You are as good as your word I'll say that. However, you may recall that I posted a USED 28 gauge loader and then since I didn't know much about Mec's offered to have the cost of a tune up deducted from the original price. I never said or indicated it was a NEW MACHINE.

I'm sorry this situation ever occurred and actually believed I was doing the "Right thing" by ripping up your check.

You did indicate that you are returning the loader to me. Since you no longer want it. I have contacted Rick Gibbs of Downers Grove Sportsmen's Club and I am donating it to their Swap Nite in May with all proceeds going to their SCTP / AIM program. So I guess you'll see this as being part of me as a con artist as well! I've been called many names but never a con artist or the other names you've called me!

I want to thank a Moderator of TS.com in dealing with this matter in a most professional manner.

I see that you've had a little bit of fun with my name. Well, I have held beck on calling you names on this board because I respect this board too much. For that matter, I have published our PM's on this board already because I've had nothing to hide.

However, I'll let this pass because I've already presented my credentials and if you would have taken the time to read the PM's and the other threads, you would know that I have nothing to hide. I'm also proud of my name. No matter how you wish to spell it. I always sign any thread I write as well. Unlike you!

I too consider this matter closed.

John Semprini

gunfighter-38super@hotmail.com

13. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I'm a satisfied MEC owner owning a few. I wouldn't buy one used sight unseen. Most of the ones I've seen used are a POS and overpriced on here. Their cost doesn't break the bank and you know you can always get something fair out of it if you go to sell it. If you shoot and reload on a regular basis it will pay for itself in no time at all. In your case at a 28 ga. even faster. Go buy a new one and if you ever want to sell one you have do it at a local level (local club), it will go quickly and easily at a fair price and a guy can see it for himself before buying.

I like the post to sell a used Jr. for $85.00 plus shipping. Heck, you can buy a new one for $124.00 + tax local or get it shipped for free. Same senerio exists for the 9000G's.

14. scott calhoun

Anchor -

Come on man - you started this thread with the purpose of telling your side of the story. At least you owe us the whole story.

Fact is you posted on ts.com the 28 gauge reloader for sale, and you haven't addressed how that fits into the timeline. You also haven't addressed why, if it was such a POS as you claim, that you had no problem posting it for sale to someone else on this forum. In the meantime you've cut-down John for trying to sell such a POS. I'm just trying to understand why you think John is such a bad guy for trying to sell a POS - then you turned around and did the same thing?

Scott

15. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

Scott please call me.

John

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I think thread title is appropriate.

Don

17. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

As I was one of the first to request the name of the so called culprit and this ended in a down right brawl which could have been settled with a respond to Anchorsteam in a better way than a PM . I have just noticed myself that I had 5 PM`s to me and since I never expected them and as far back as 2008 ? or more I deleted them without reading the first 3 ?? I could not get them retrieved by the Administrator only the 2 that I read and deleted since they were so old and not too relivent. I apologize to the few who took the time to PM me and never got a return. Anchorsteam , I may be the only one who can see thru this and at least would accept your unknowing mistake in this issue and you also cleared the debt by paying the asking amount and giving the machine back to the seller . You are the one out $200 plus shipping and a bad rep to boot . Case closed as far as I`m concerned . Nice jesture of donating the machine but maybe tearing up that last check would have also been an acceptable thing to do by Semprini.

18. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

BIGDON, Dead on again! Good shot. LOL

19. dhip

dhip Active Member

I.ve read these threads from the beginning.Definetely had me wondering wheather to deal with anyone on the website oe not being new to it.After all this accusing of this and that I'm glad it has worked out even if in a flawed manner.Only question I have or wonder is if the equipment was sent back,and also the full price that was asked for,I for one couldn't keep the full amount of money.I would have deducted all shipping costs I had incurred and either returned the excess money or donated it also,with the machine if I didn't want it anymore.Maybe even donate the excess to the wesite for helping resolve the situation.
    Just my 2 cents worth

Doug H.

20. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Well the title is appropriate, but I really think you should have added ummmh, lets use the word LIAR for lack of a more appropriate word. You still have failed to tell us how someone hacked your account here, knew that you had a POS 28 gauge loader, for sale, and posted a thread about the POS loader for sale. All of this while outside the CONUS.

I watched this thread with interest, and I have known John SEMPRINI (sp) for a long time. He would not need to, nor would he cheat someone over a supposed POS reloader F/S for 200 or 2 million dollars. You on the other hand violated some very basic rules considering internet sales on this forum.

You along with several others occasionlly rip somebody off on this forum, and are outed very quickly. Probably not enough are outed, but you certainly have been. Being caught, then trying to place the blame on another is just cheesey. I believe that "man up" is the current correct term for what you need to do. Stop the name calling, admit the however you want to term it happened, and try to retain some form of dignity. I would say your dealing days are done on this forum. JMHO. I'm sure you can have buddies blah blah blah about what a good guy you are but in this instance, you really stepped in it!

You can lump me into the cross eyed retinue I guess, but I am not a court jester, nor a "carp". If you think so little of this forum to refer to some of us in this manner, you really need to delete this post and slink off onto one of the other forums. Rick Gibbs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.