1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anchorage, Alaska....sunny and 70 today.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jeff P, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

No wind. Not a cloud in the sky.

15 days to the state shoot....clubhouse is painted. Bull rail is painted. Houses are painted. Fences are painted. Every freaking thing that didn't move is painted - which included some of the trappers.

All the trees that might possibly interfere with the background have been cut down. At least 500 truckloads of dirt have built a berm to shoot against. It's just about perfect.

New voice calls and less than two year old Pats are in place.

Dave Cross is doing an EXCELLENT job getting ready....we have over $8,000 in trophies and $5,500 or so in added money....

Now...where, exactly, can I sell my soul to get 5 days of weather like this during the actual shoot - July 16-20?

jeff

2. otnot

otnot Active Member

Yea it's 5 PM and the grill is full of fresh salmon and this cold Alaskan Amber sure tastes good. This is what you guys and gals have to look forward too this year at the Alaska State shoot this month. Life is good! Don't miss this one.

3. dt-em

dt-em Member

Well guys,
    Jeff knows i have a complete tear of my right rotator cuff but---with the help of an injection and great meds Alaska shoot looking up. Shot 50 targets and plan on shooting maybe 200 4th of july. Anyway I will make the shoot then post pics from my trip. See you guys 18th of July, Keep the weather nice.
    Harold Johnson (Iowa)

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

The Zone trophies got here yesterday, I was told...I'll get my hands on them Thursday night.

I hear they're nice Tilden buckles....

Steaks are ordered. We're just about as ready as we're ever going to be.

Oh, and today is shaping up as another sunny and 70 day....

Actually, it's not QUITE touching 70. heard on the news this morning that we haven't had an "official" 70 degree day yet - the latest we've ever gone without one. But since the rest of the country is over 90....68 is going to feel really, really good.

5. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Yukon is right...we have 5 guns:

Springfield Armory 40 cal with all the accessories
    Weatherby Vanguard .300WSM
    Winchester SX-2 12 gauge
    Browning .410 BPS high rib
    ???? fun shoot gun.

Some are Perazzi method, and some are going to be given away period...shoot the event, we draw your name, you get the gun....

Burgers and stuff Wednesday and Thursday, Salmon on Friday, steaks on saturday. All free - donations greatly appreciated to help pay for things. Friday is a potluck - bring drinks, a bag of cookies, whatever...no need to go to a lot of trouble. Or help clean up. or donate cash. Whatever. We're not too picky.

And don't forget the ladies ring shoot Saturday...it's free to all ladies (and any guy that wants to wear a dress...) for a white gold / topaz ring. The ring is pretty nice...I'm considering the dress.

jeff

6. otnot

otnot Active Member

JeffP if you wear a dress it better not be shorter than mine? LOL

7. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

LMAO...Rich, OTNOT prefers the term "flamboyant".

I believe that Mr. Cross will be shooting his new Seitz. But I don't know if he'll have the wood on it yet.

Dean...we have things in the works already for next year that you'll REALLY want to come up for.....

jeff

8. trident

trident Member

Oh come on...thats only on the weekends!

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

We have to have summer sooner or later. Hell the Lupine are just now in full bloom. The good news is that there seems to be an above amount of Sockeye in the Inlet right now so the fishing should be pretty good by the end of the month.

10. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I have to make a small correction: mr. cross will be shooting one of two new ljutics, rather than a seitz. Lucky bas%%rd!

I dunno, Bob, where you are...but I haven't had a drop of rain at my house, nor have I shot in any for the last almost month. Sure, it's been colder than normal - in fact, it doesn't seem like summer. And it's been cloudy, but in Eagle River it hasn't rained in 3 weeks, at least at my house. God's truth.

I'm hoping for warm and sunny...but I meant what i said in my first post. I'd dang near sell my soul for 5 days just like today, 4th of July, in Eagle River. It's not too sunny (kind of hazy), and maybe it could be 5 degrees warmer, but it sure as hell ain't raining.

11. bas

bas Member

Our good friends, Ted and Judy TenBroeck are headed your way....left yesterday!

12. otnot

otnot Active Member

Jerry it has been an unusually cold summer up here. Normally when it is clear it warms up in the 70's and usually we get stretches of 80 but not this year. We have only had one day in the 70's. I just wish this global warming would hurry up. But on the other hand we don't get the -40 stretches in the winter either so I guess the temperature is just evening out. LOL

But we shoot in any weather up here otherwise we would be limited to May-September.

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=Inmans.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

This is what summer is supposed to look like:

<a href="http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/otnot06/?action=view&current=alaska.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

13. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

The out of state folks are starting to roll in...had a couple in yesterday, more today I'm sure.

Raining just a bit - lets call it a heavy sprinkle - this morning. Supposed to be sunny this afternoon.

Jerry...you come on up next summer, and we'll arrange for a metal 5 gallon bucket of charcoal and a trap girl to carry it around with you so you can warm your hands.

I don't know what you'll do with the bucket of charcoal, though. It just sounded like something you should have. Maybe we can grill burgers over it.

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

2 more days. I think I'll see you, Mr. P., at the MO fall HC. You still goin'?

15. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Curvy, that would be great...yes, I'll be there. Jerry, I'll try to get scores up as often as possible during the shoot....if I'm not dying of exhaustion.

jeff

16. recurvyarcher

It is in Oct, Mr. Jerry. And I am goin'. That's what I'm sayin'. All I've had to drink today is coffee and ice tea.

BTW...did the term "nipping" come from the fact that alcohol turns some men into dogs?

17. otnot

otnot Active Member

Let me translate what JeffP really meant by too exhausted to post scores. What he really means is too hung-over. LOL And Devi, I resemble that remark!

18. recurvyarcher

Hi, Jim...you goin' to the grand? How about the MO fall HC? I haven't seen you this year yet. How ya been shooting (not that I couldn't SPY on from the ATA shooter's pages...LOL!!!)?

19. otnot

otnot Active Member

Devi I don't think I will make the Grand this year. I'm still recovering from heat stroke last year. LOL I would like to make it to MO though but if not the Autumn Grand for sure. I'm never happy with how I'm shooting as it never seem good enough to me. I've shot some really good scores and some really mediocre ones. Just still trying to find that happy medium. You take care and hopefully I will see you and Martin at a shoot or two.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.