1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anchorage,Alaska Looking West in Winter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chugiakshooter, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

This is Anchorage in the last couple of days in the evening and DAMMIT AL,stop global Warming PLEASE !!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. Sharp1

Sharp1 Member

Chug,,,what fires that powerplant? Looks cold,,,burrrrr

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Again, it's Alaska! Just think of how it would be if there was not global warming.

4. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

It wouldn't have been so cold tonight at the range if there was some global warming.

Or for the last 16 weeks.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Is that a cloud bank or ice on the horizon?

6. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Natural Gas is the fuel,and looking west your looking at the Alaska Range,about 100 miles west of Anchoage across Cook Inlet.Well maybe somebody is right,it would be colder but setting records for cold is just weird.In the interior it has been -40 to -60 below zero and not a breath of wind,the North Slope it has been so cold that all flight support has been halted for a while.

7. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

I was shooting skeet tonight on Field A and for whatever reason,every time I called for the target on station one my breath would freeze instantly on my glasses.

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

How cold is the coldest you've ever shot in up there? Wednesday I shot 5 rounds and it was 84 degrees. That was January 25. That's the gulf coast for you.

9. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

-40 to -60 and not a breath of wind. Count your lucky stars. Just think what a breath would feel like if it was that cold. LOL

Down here in Great Falls, two days ago we had a 74 mile an hour gust. Twas a bit breezy here. But it was in the 40's that day. Still makes a miserable day. One place in the state was 129

Rick in MT

10. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

A buddy of mine works in Prudhoe Bay and here is what its been like.
    [​IMG]

11. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Look on the bright side. At least you have relief from all of those damn bugs.

12. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Well its only mosquitos and whitesoxs,no spiders or snakes.Its just you and the bears when your out fishing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.