1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Anchorage,Ak Sets snowfall record today

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chugiakshooter, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Well its in the books 134.1 inches of snow,beat the record set in 1955-56 and shot 300 rounds of skeet today with a .410.

2. burtona

burtona Member

I guess all the snow and cold weather is caused by global warming!

3. avery53

avery53 Member

WOW, 300 rounds of skeet in one day, must be a record. LOL

avery

4. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

At Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park we have a few shoots that everyone does have a good time at,Ulshers Open which is 300 skeet rounds with a .410 and in August we have Iron Man Doubles 500 pair in a day.There is some 3 in the Air shoots that are a lot of fun also,3 birds in the air on the stand with the jamamatics"semi-autos", you find out real quick who cleans them the best.
    '

5. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Our local ski hill is just shy of 7 metres of packed powder at mid-mountain. They have had 15 metres of snow so far this year, and it shows no sign of letting up! This isn't a record, though. Last year there were over 17 metres fallen, and the hill was skiable in late May-early June.

6. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

A friend from Wasilla told me yesterday that they are at 116 inches now, which he thought was a record for them also.

7. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Chugiakshooter : Did you shoot the 101, how are you likeing it?

All that snow must be the "Global warming" again..........

CM

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Hope it is global warming. Keep it coming! After this winter we had, I really don't give two sh^%$ what you call it. Keep that winter weather up there where it belongs. It is Alaska after all. Kind of like moving next to an airport and complaining about the airplane noise.

9. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

I'm sorry but everyone just can't live in God's country !!! Claymuncher the 101 works great,I have three Diamond Grades,just bought a skeet Diamond this last weekend with tubes also.I do have a Perazzi also,but the Diamond's with a little work do just great for me.

10. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

To me Alaska, and the Canadian wilderness is God's country. It is a great place to visit. Although, not having to many people around all the time would be nice. I can go to northern Wisconsin for a weekend, but that is the problem, so does everybody else within 400 miles.

11. otnot

otnot Active Member

Hey Ben what time Sunday will you kick off the singles marathon?

12. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

I think the time is supposed to be 10:00 to get going for the 500 rounds on Sunday and I will have burgers too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.